Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Do you think the health insurance industry is involved with protests at town hall meetings and online?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Do you think the health insurance industry is involved with protests at town hall meetings and online?

Postby gill75 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 am

Here is a portion of a quoted interview of Wendell Potter, former head of communications for CIGNA:
"the industry funnels millions of its policyholders' premiums to big public relations firms that provide talking points to conservative talk show hosts, business groups and politicians. I also described how the PR firms set up front groups, again using your premium dollars and mine, to scare people away from reform."

The implication is that the insurance industry is scaring us into protesting change that would actually benefit us.

Please go to the link for the whole article. I has some gruesome details about their methodology.

If you disagree with this, please provide a source other than simply repeating the "death panel" and "I don't want a government bureaucrat between me and my doctor" stuff ad nauseum. I've been saying for some time that I don't want an insurance company between me and my doctor, as it has in the past. This article strongly supports my position.

Here's the article in its entirety:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/potter.health.insurance/index.html
gill75

Postby adal » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:42 am

Follow the money! Of course the insurance industry is behind the disinformation. They make billions from the taxpayers, why would they want reform?
adal

Postby birke26 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:46 am

No doubt they are.
birke26

Postby cyneric » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 am

No, I do not.
cyneric

Postby deependu53 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 am

Yes i do just as i think the SEIU and ACORN are involved too.
deependu53

Postby alphonsus » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 am

Of course! and they will charge the expense for it to the taxpayers
big money involved
alphonsus

Postby aviv » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 am

There are a huge number of people in the insurance business. And health care is big money. I believe I saw two insurance agents screaming and chanting outside the Hagerstown meeting and it didn't surprise me at all.
aviv

Postby darrill » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 am

If this were true we would have seen actual evidence by now.

All the liberals have provided to support this claim is innuendo and speculation.

Art this point I expect you to either put up solid evidence - or admit that this claim has no real basis.
darrill

Return to Health & Medical Insurance