Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

If You Are Healthy And Have Health Insurance, Any Extra Insurance To Buy To Protect You From Chronic Illness, Long Term?

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

If You Are Healthy And Have Health Insurance, Any Extra Insurance To Buy To Protect You From Chronic Illness, Long Term?

Postby archy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:05 am

I don't want to buy full-fledged health insurance, because I already have one. At the same time, I want to insure myself with something in case I get a chronic illness later in life. What is available? The two venues I am thinking of are 1) some sort of cheap supplemental or "umbrella" health insurance that would only be active if and when my employer's insurance is insufficient(though I doubt it exists); 2) life insurance with a disability clause. Could you give me a heads up on my options?
archy

Postby bruce » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 pm

just_orange_cherries said: 3 no, that is what your insurance should cover already. it is preventative care plus it should have disability on there. and you should get that because you never know what may happen when. 70 months ago
bruce

Postby Kendrew » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:57 am

no, that is what your insurance should cover already. it is preventative care plus it should have disability on there. and you should get that because you never know what may happen when.
Kendrew

Postby schaddoc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 am

There are some options... Yes, there are supplemental plans that give you coverage above and beyond your current coverage... if your MAIN coverage with with a company, their supplemental insurance will be cheaper through them than if you go through another company. You can go a couple different routes... such as Disability or Long Term Care insurance. Disability is an additive clause that gives you immediate pay off OR you can choose added hospital benefits instead, if you lose the use of one of your limbs(or totally lose one of your limbs) some of them are pretty picky about covering mental/psychological disability problems, though, so you will want to check whatever policies you speak with your Insurance provider about. Long Term Care is insurance that is intended to pay for things like extended hospital stays, in-home care services, adult care centers and hospice care. These sorts of insurance are harder and harder to get the older you get(like all insurance;) and if you are young, saving in an IRA or some other savings plan might have a better effect. However if you are in your 40s or older, it might be a good investment if you have a history of elderly illnesses in your family. GeminiWench 70 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
schaddoc

Postby Bayerd » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:47 am

Yes, there are supplemental plans that give you coverage above and beyond your current coverage... if your MAIN coverage with with a company, their supplemental insurance will be cheaper through them than if you go through another company. You can go a couple different routes... such as Disability or Long Term Care insurance. Disability is an additive clause that gives you immediate pay off OR you can choose added hospital benefits instead, if you lose the use of one of your limbs(or totally lose one of your limbs) some of them are pretty picky about covering mental/psychological disability problems, though, so you will want to check whatever policies you speak with your Insurance provider about. Long Term Care is insurance that is intended to pay for things like extended hospital stays, in-home care services, adult care centers and hospice care. These sorts of insurance are harder and harder to get the older you get(like all insurance;) and if you are young, saving in an IRA or some other savings plan might have a better effect. However if you are in your 40s or older, it might be a good investment if you have a history of elderly illnesses in your family.
Bayerd

Postby Gerry » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:30 am

just_orange_cherries said: 1 that is the definition of health insurance. they should all cover you because it is not a pre existing condition. 70 months ago
Gerry

Postby emerson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:27 pm

long term care insurance is good because it covers either medical or non-medical needs. When we say medical, it means coverage with facilitative care in nursing home, assisted living, or etc. Non-medical coverage includes assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, eating, walking, etc.You may also decide how much daily benefit you wish to receive. http://www.completelongtermcare.com/resources/policy-options.aspx   mayperiwinkle 21 months ago http://www.completelongtermcare.com/resources/policy-options.aspx
emerson

Postby Kodie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 am

Yes, but I don't NEED regular health insurance now, because I already have one. Are you suggesting I buy private insurance I don't need, just to protect myself from problems down the road in case I don't have a job? No one does that, it's cost-prohibitive.
Kodie

Postby Stephanos » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:37 pm

that is the definition of health insurance. they should all cover you because it is not a pre existing condition.
Stephanos

Postby Saeger » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:29 pm

:-) said: 2 Yes, but I don't NEED regular health insurance now, because I already have one. Are you suggesting I buy private insurance I don't need, just to protect myself from problems down the road in case I don't have a job? No one does that, it's cost-prohibitive. 70 months ago
Saeger

Next

Return to Funeral Insurance