Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Within The Last 2 Weeks,...

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Within The Last 2 Weeks,...

Postby ocumwhowurst » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:00 am

Within the last 2 weeks, after I examined the yearly in force plan pictures with clients, 6 clients described their CPAs particularly suggested NYL custom life time and guaranteed lifetime income items.
What Is happening here? Are they managing a advertising campaign? For instance, this week, a customer's CPA suggested him to purchase a WL item utilizing the cash from the matured Disc (about $200K). I have not looked over the depth suggestion however. But I scanned a full page of the advertisements in the customer. The CPA suggested a NYL broker to him. I believe the WL is organized being an MEC ($50K whilst the foundation DB with big dump in rates as PUAs). Customer doesn
ocumwhowurst

Cpa And Nyl Products

Postby Balldwin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:32 pm

My dad is a NYL agent for 60 years and has been talking about this for a few months, lots of agents writing large premiums.
Balldwin

Cpa And Nyl Products

Postby Avshalom » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:53 pm

An accountant or lawyer who rerfers company to your particular broker or indicates a particular item, never found out about that happening before.
...oh wait I used to rehearse in Central NY wherever MONY was the most truly effective selection of 9 our of 10 lawyers, till somebody needed to go and piss in the pool by speaing frankly about the kick-backs
Putting Disc cash into life-insurance, occurs constantly, not-too bad a method even when MECing for older people. It is as an award having a large tax-free dying benefit.
Avshalom

Cpa And Nyl Products

Postby Somerville » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 pm

People migrate to what they perceive to be "safe" harbours for their money. NYL is a safe bet for most folks.

You can toss out a hundred reasons why you feel they aren't. Doesn't matter, it's what the client thinks.
Somerville

Cpa And Nyl Products

Postby Burt » Thu May 01, 2014 8:09 pm

I'm always amazed how many people ask their CPA for life insurance advice.
I've never asked my auto insurance agent for accounting advice.
Burt

Cpa And Nyl Products

Postby Torion » Sat May 10, 2014 11:46 am

There is no CPA marketing campaign that I know of (I keep in touch with a fair amount of NYL agents).
But over the past 4 years they have had a huge marketing campaign touting their strength and stability.

They have marketed this to white collar professionals through professional periodicals and things of that nature.
CPAs where definatelly a target market of that campaign.

And the one thing that a CPA does not want to do is loose his clients money.
I have found that CPAs will look at financial strength before product quality or even appropriateness.

If the CPA recommended a specific NYL agent, then he definitely has some type of agreement with that agent, and is most likely taking a cut or referral fee of some type.

He also apparently trusts that agent and his advice.

NYL has a good WL product, but there are better products out there imo.

The Custom WL is a policy that is automatically overfunded, plus it receives a higher dividend rate than their other WL policies.

You choose the exact number of years for the policy to be "guaranteed paid up"; but you cant pay premiums beyond the chosen number of years.

It is their answer to other carriers 10pay, but its more flexible.

Their GLI "guaranteed lifetime income annuity" is a very strong product and is hard to beat.

It sounds like your local NYL agents have done a good job of marketing themselves as well as their company.

A CPA will not recommend a specific agent along with a company unless they have been given good reason to do so.
And the only reason to have good reason to recommend a specific agent is a very strong professional relationship.

Unless the agent is just way off mark, it sounds like this will be tough for you to win over.
Torion

Cpa And Nyl Products

Postby Pierce » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 am

I understand that Bulk provides a "CPA/Lawyer" coalition plan where an LLC is created between your CPA/Lawyer along with a specific broker. <br />
1. They are able to reveal income in the purchase of insurance & opportunities, <br />
2. Not need certification or submission obstacles in the CPA/Lawyer and <br />
3. There's a brand new "hostage" marketplace for several their clients.<br />
I actually don't understand if NYL provides a comparable plan, however it can be done?
Pierce

Return to Insurance Agents