Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Will my health insurance cover my wisdom teeth extraction?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby diomasach46 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm

So I had an xray done at the dentist like a year ago she told me I needed to get my wisdom teeth removed. They are impacted and growing horizontally. (the crown of my wisdom teeth are growing into my back molars on all 4 of them.). So I've been putting it off I didn't have insurance and im terrified of being put to sleep. so my question will my insurance cover this procedure? My health insurance online benefits page says only covered services are listed "General - Dental - Limited to partial and complete bony impactions, orthognathic surgery and surgical treatment of temporomandibular joint disorder."
Then it says preauthorization is recommended. Some one please help me understand this, I'm thinking that my problem should be covered going off what they have stated. I'm going to make an apt tomorrow hopefully my jaw is killing me and my head feels like its going to explode. I'm assuming my headache is from my wisdom tooth.
diomasach46

Postby emile » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Call and am. When I had mine removed years ago it was my dental insurance tha covered it.
emile

Postby navarre » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Yes.
navarre

Postby amald » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:21 pm

It will be upon your dental insurance what terms are covered in that!
amald

Postby mordecai » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm

It will be upon your dental insurance what terms are covered in that!
Just a heads up,you may not want them to give you a drug called Versed

In fact, many people who use Versed for "conscious sedation" during a procedure are awake for the entire procedure but remember nothing, often believing they were "out" the whole time.

Versed (Midazolam) is an amnestic. It is commonly administered in combination with anesthesia before and during surgery. It is also commonly used for minor procedures like colonoscopies dental procedures like extractions,conscience sedation,twilight sleep, so that patients won't remember pain and discomfort.HOWEVER THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THOSE SENSATIONS WILL NOT BE EXPERIENCED!!!!Forgetting does no mean it did not happen!!
mordecai

Return to Health & Medical Insurance