Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Why is unemployment insurance so difficult to get?

Unemployment Insurance and Employment Discussion

Postby fergusson » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:36 am

I have been looking for work for a few months now and also applied for EI at the beginning of November. This has been a tedious process and I really don't understand why? I wasn't fired, I did not quit, I have NEVER applied for any type of government assistance in my life and am only doing so now while avidly looking for work daily.

I've paid my taxes, paid contributions out of every pay cheque for all of my working life. Why is it that those who abuse the system get assistance so easily and those who pay into it and use it maybe once in a lifetime get shafted by the system?

How has your experience been with it?
fergusson

Postby gavriel71 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:41 am

You have your 2 weeks waiting period
Then you have to use up your holiday money
Then you have 2 weeks which you have to wait until the end of so you can claim,
after that its easy...
Hard in the beginning, but it adds over top of your money when you get back to work
gavriel71

Postby loughlin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:46 am

Really sorry to hear about your problems with the EI system. I can only imagine how frustrated you are, but I can also relate as I was recently in a similar situation. Hang in there as once the ball gets rolling it is a relatively simple process. I found this website that had a lot of state specific information as well as other articles that helped me to understand how to help myself. Check it out it could help you...
www.unemploymenthelp.com
I hope that helps, hang in there, better days are in your future my friend!
loughlin

Return to Unemployment Insurance