Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Why I Must Pay Income Tax On My Health Insurance While You As A Government Employee Do Not.?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Why I Must Pay Income Tax On My Health Insurance While You As A Government Employee Do Not.?

Postby Ryn » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:28 pm

It's Obamacare, baby!

Because that's what "we the people" voted for, in the 2008 election!! We voted for the party that believes in higher taxes, and more government interference!
Ryn

Postby Garmond » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 pm

You don't pay income tax on health insurance provided by your employer. Yet.

If you have been paying income tax on health insurance you need to go back and file an amended return. You have got a refund coming.
Garmond

Postby Fonsie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Whoever you are addressing your question to, if you're talking about the US, you're mistaken.

So far, nobody has to pay income tax on the value of their company-paid health insurance. Once that takes effect, ALL employees, INCLUDING those who work for the government, will be taxed equally.
Fonsie

Postby lynford75 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 am

The only exception might be a policy for a businessowner, in which case it may need to be purchased with post tax dollars.
However, you are not taxed on your health plan.

You are confused.
lynford75

Postby tavish55 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm not a gov't employee.
And, gov't employees pay for their portion of the coverage with pre-tax dollars...like everyone else.
tavish55

Return to Health & Medical Insurance