Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Why Do Many Dislike Obamacare?

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

Postby Divyendu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 pm

It is already facing $1.3 trillion in cost overruns.
The Democrats told the CBO not to consider certain factors which would have provided a more realistic cost estimate.
And full implementation is still 2 years away.

And just in case you trust the CBO, they projected that Medicare would cost $12 billion by 1990.
The real cost was $107 billion.

I don't want to pay for the health care of others.
I'm responsible for my family and that's it.
People who can't afford health insurance should purchase a prepaid funeral.
I certainly don't want to pay their bills.

How can anyone not dislike a bill that was based on duplicity and absolute dishonesty?

Postby Leith » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:20 pm

It forces you to buy healthcare. Even if you don't like it.

Insurance companies CANNOT reject you, which sounds good, but then again you can just buy it literally when you are in the ambulance and they will have to insure you.

This will cause ALL premiums to go up or the healthcare industry will fall apart, either way its bad

Postby Moran » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 am

Where have you been for that past few years ?

It promises way beyond what the government can deliver.

Even the critics that liked it at first agree that it will result in government rationing.

It doesn't really even start until 2014 but we've been paying for it, all so Obama can play number politics.

The big BS and changes won't even hit until 2014, after Obama is out of office and can't be held accountable for his stupidity.

It costs WAY too much.

It will also drive insurance agencies out of business, leaving government controlled "exchanges" to sell policies to everyone. Insurance agencies only make 3% profit margin as it is, therefore government will be pushing an industry out of business since the government does not have to make a profit or worry about thier overhead.

Do you really need more ? I could go on and on, but then it would seem like a rant.

Postby bemelle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

Because they do not know the truth about the Affordable Healthcare Act.

I do not understand why so many Americans have fallen for lies about healthcare in the USA, abroad and also the planned reforms [1].
I mean, if the healthcare system in the USA is so good, why have no other nations taken it up? Could it be due to the following facts?

FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [2].

FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [3].

Or if the US healthcare system is run so well, why not run the fire service like the healthcare system? [4]

Maybe that is because in the USA, before the reforms Obama brought in, insurance companies pushed up costs, bought politicians and refused to pay claims that people pay for [5].
(Look up Wendell Potter on YouTube to hear more if the link below is too long.)

Obama wants to make insurance cheaper, stop insurance companies from refusing health coverage to those with pre-existing conditions, and make sure they pay out when they are meant to [6], a system similar to that which works in Taiwan [7].
He debated this before he was elected [8].

Is it right that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in Canada, Cuba, Germany and so many other industrialised nations with universal healthcare?

If you think my arguments are wrong, e-mail me with proof.
But if you can not, let Obama try to help America.
If he fails, vote him out in 2012.

Postby Eoin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:45 am

It costs a lot. You are pretty much "forced" (I use this term loosely) to pay for it but it's a universal based system so you would be paying for other peoples health insurance and you get the same coverage as everyone else.

Postby Telfour » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:49 pm

It costs a shitload

aa, this has nothing to do with Fox News, quit using that old tired excuse.

Postby Stanton » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Many like it but it's the Party who tend to Protest against Heath care.

Postby Birkett » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:23 pm

An insurance company can no longer turn you down due to a pre-existing condition.
Sounds great, right? The downside is now the government is forcing EVERYONE to have health insurance.
There are actually some good things in the bill, but again, I honestly don't know all of its implications, and neither does anybody else here.
None of us have read the bill, and neither has anybody else, so who knows?

Postby denholm » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:22 pm

I can't speak for the other people that don't have health care, but for me, It would really jack with the coverage that I currently have. Being a type one diabetic, I cant afford that shiz if it were to change right now..

Return to Funeral Insurance