Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Why do liberals claim to hate guns, when they want to use them to make everybody do what they say?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Why do liberals claim to hate guns, when they want to use them to make everybody do what they say?

Postby emile » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Liberals want to legislate everything, which means they want to make legal concequences for things like serving too much soda or not having health insurance. I ask you, how do they plan to enforce these laws? Police perhaps? And what do Police use to impose their authority? Guns!!

I think they love guns when they are in the hands of their government, imposing their will on others. They just don't like them in the hands of the people because it makes it harder to force us to do things. What do you think?
emile

Postby bardou » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:45 pm

in the last 100 years government agents have killed over 100 MILLION people.. yet no gun law ever proposed disarms the government.

Free People own guns. Slaves do not
bardou

Postby franky64 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:04 am

It sounds like you have a strange view of liberals.

I couldn't care less about soda. I don't drink it, but you make your own choices there.

I refuse to pay your medical bills. Get over it.

Yes, many liberals do enjoy shooting sports.

To be a liberals means that you support personal freedom, reject any government control that isn't absolutely required, and demand accountability from politicians.

If you hear about a "liberal" who doesn't believe in liberty, someone is lying. They word 'liberal' comes from liberty, and it is a descriptive term in this case.
franky64

Postby murchadh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 am

Cool. You make up something ridiculous, claim liberals believe it and then you criticize them for it.
I bet you never lose a debate.
murchadh

Postby nolan15 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 am

They love guns when they control who has them (Military and Police). They only hate them when FREE men and women have them.
nolan15

Postby ailill42 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 am

I am a liberal and an NRA member. problem?
ailill42

Postby eames » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 am

I didn't know that
eames

Postby leofric33 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:44 am

This sounds like the argument against the Soviet Union as well. It all boils down to rational choice in government.

If we take the basic question "What does everyone want?" The answer is power. "What do those in power want?" To stay in power. Those are both staples of rational choice theory.

Spinning forward-what is the easiest way to ensure the masses won't rise up? Take away their guns while ensuring that you have guns and that those without guns know exactly what guns can do.

This isn't a liberal/conservative point here-if conservatives thought they could get the support from their base by being opposed to guns at the same time they would. However, there is a constitutional amendment that allows guns in this country which makes the life as the power broker MUCH more difficult as the proletariat is armed.

Accordingly both sides have learned that a large portion of the population is opposed to guns while another large portion of the population has the Charlton Heston mantra of "Out of my cold dead hands" and then finally there is a portion of the population (larger than either previously mentioned section together) that is on a scale in between. So the politicians are trying to figure out where on the scale to sit.

I'm very pro-gun, but I also hate guns being in the hands of the wrong people. That's all I'll say about my personal feelings, but I don't necessarily think it is liberal/conservative but more a power broker issue.
leofric33

Return to Health & Medical Insurance