Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Why Are There So Many Mix/designer Breeds? Where Can I Find A Good Breeder?!?

Discussion forum for Insurance Agents

Postby Thom » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Soon I'll be looking to buy a puppy I've been browsing online to search for a breeder in the UK

Don't get me wrong I love dogs big and small but OMG I'm seeing 'Jackawawas', 'Shorkie' , 'Cockapoo' flooding the pages. Is it so hard to get two purebred dogs of the same breed and boom?! I know there's a lot more to it (i.e. KC registered dogs, non-backyard bred etc) but this is annoying!
Thom

Postby Avsalom » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:00 pm

They are not designer dogs mixes....they are mutts, mongrels crossbreeds, and I really don't know why people encourage these breeders, good on you for looking for a full pedigree dog!
Avsalom

Postby Seignour » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 am

Good breeders are so hard to find. You do not want to take the chance of getting a dog from a backyard breeder for sure.

And please do not buy from a Pet Store, all their dogs come from Puppy Mills.

Have you thought of adopting, loots of shelters have purebreds for adoption, and rescues in your area, will and can refer you to at top breeder, then check them out on the American Kennel Club Site to make sure they are listed with them.

go to www.americankennelclub.com

You can see all the breeds and research them all, and make the decision which breed fits your lifestyle the best.

You can call any of the breeders on that site, they will call you back and email you.

You can also contact the Dog Club for that breed, and they will refer you to a top breeder in your city ad State, it is the best website to find a reputable breeder.

Good luck
Seignour

Postby Rio » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:06 am

Yeah, it's annoying, disturbing, aggravating, and ever other kind of 'ing'. I HATE it. Not just the fact that they would breed those ill bred mutts, but the fact that people are stupid enough to buy them!

Try looking up 'reputable breeders' in whatever area you're in. Should come up with something.
Rio

Postby Ferron » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm

We had the same problem when we wanted a puppy, we got ours from

http://www.champdogs.co.uk/

Have loads of different breeders and types of dogs on here
Ferron

Return to Insurance Agents