Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Why Are My Parents So Hesitant On Letting Me Buy Myself A Horse?

Term Life Insurance & Whole Life Insurance Discussion

Postby Lindleigh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 am

The problem is that you are underage so they will have to sign and pay for the horse themselves so it would be by law be theirs. Even at 13 the money you get from a single minimum wage job isnt going to be enough. I have a friend who is 18 and has three jobs to keep her horse plus is a A+ student. It is not easy to get the money for a horse and to keep the horse. Your parents are probably thinking ahead that they may have to foot some of the bill. Talk to your parents about this.
Lindleigh

Postby davidsone » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Wow, you seem really responsible and mature. You spell really well too, which is uncommon in these sorts of questions. Anyway, it's pretty hard to earn all the money for a horse. Even if you have a good part time job, it's still pretty expensive. There are also surprise vet bills, which you won't be able to pay, so your parents will have to pay for that. Anyway, none of us can be sure of why your parents won't let you buy a horse. Just go up to them and ask why you can't have a horse. They should have a reasonable explanation. But, unfortunatley, if your parents says no, there's not much that you can do.

good luck!
davidsone

Previous

Return to Life Insurance