Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Who Pays $1000 Per Year For Birth Control Pills....?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby Avrill » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:48 pm

If Planned Parenthood estimates the cost of BC pills at $15-$50/mo? http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-...

"Planned Parenthood works to make health care accessible and affordable. Some health centers are able to charge according to income. Most accept health insurance. If you qualify, Medicaid or other state programs may lower your health care costs."
Avrill

Postby Wikvaya » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Nobody pays $1000 a year for BC. But in Virginia the taxpayer is being forced to pay $600 for an unnecessary ultrasound. Why do republicans like to waste taxpayers money?
Wikvaya

Postby Anschel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 am

No one.
Paid about $1200 for a vasectomy and wife does not have to use any.
Anschel

Postby Conall » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 am

that is just an insane figure. I don't know how she came up with that.
Several years ago my plan would not cover birth control pills.
If they would have covered them, I would have paid 20 dollars for that level of drug every month.
Without insurance it was 27 dollars.
As if that 7 dollars was a big difference! Two lattes a month less and I would pay for the change.
Conall

Postby Zadok » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:43 am

Not everyone goes to Planned Parenthood for one thing, many women especially with an Obgyn want to keep one doctor.
The costs vary according to what you take.
But the pills aren't the only cost, there is also the cost of the doctor and the tests they run, and in a major metropolitan area that is easily a thousand a year.

Then there is the follow up visit, and a possible change in prescription.

Its no where near as simple or cheap for a woman to take care of herself as it is for a man.

She was't claiming poverty, she was claiming that she's already paid for insurance and she thinks it ought to cover birth control or its pretty worthless. So she's paying for insurance and for a doctor and medicine that she's going to be using for years.

She's right.
Zadok

Postby Gaelbhan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

No person pays that much, only corporation who retail birth control pills pay that much or more.
Gaelbhan

Postby Carswell » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 am

Republicans are tearing down Planned Parenthood clinics all over the States, and defunding it in Congress

and hormonal therapy, which Sandra Fluke tesified about, requires more than just taking the pills, it also includes a regimin of doctor visits, ultrasound tests, other medications, and lab work, on top of the prescriptions for hormonal therapy

and that type of hormonal therapy was not covered by the health insurance offered to students at Georgetown University, but it WAS covered by the insurance offered to the faculty and staff
Carswell

Postby Bogey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 am

I recently read that Walmart,since 07, has been selling birth control pills

for $9, which will cover a month's supply.
Bogey

Postby Palban » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 am

If one pays for health care, why should they have to rely on the government for their birth control pills? Especially if they're needed for health reasons.
Palban

Postby Jarah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:52 pm

I got mine from planned parenthood. Now that im no longer with them it will be 800 dollars to get it removed. Not all students qualify for free contraception from planned parenthood though. i got mine through the womans medicaid which at the time i wasnt working. Oh and she could have gone to law school through financial aid
Jarah

Return to Health & Medical Insurance