Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Where On Earth Can I Find Affordable Maternity Insurance?!?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby Michele » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:47 am

I didnt have it with my son and we are looking to get health insurance but all the plans that are decently priced (under $350/month) dont cover maternity. even if I could JUST find a maternity insurance that would be great! does anyone have or know of any insurance companies that offer maternity coverage? if so what are the names? heres a little info

we live in FL

we have one child

my husband and I are 20 and 21 years old

if you know of any insurance that will have affordable rates please let me know so I can get a quote!
Michele

Postby blainey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:40 am

I might suggest someone to visit this webb site and examine quotees from diverse coorporations locally without co st. https://tr.im/iDJT3
blainey

Postby Uli » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Compare quotes for free at - INSURERATESNOW.INFO-

RE Where on earth can I find affordable maternity insurance?!?

I didnt have it with my son and we are looking to get health insurance but all the plans that are decently priced (under $350/month) dont cover maternity. even if I could JUST find a maternity insurance that would be great! does anyone have or know of any insurance companies that offer maternity coverage? if so what are the names? heres a little info

we live in FL

we have one child

my husband and I are 20 and 21 years old

if you know of any insurance that will have affordable rates please let me know so I can get a quote!
Uli

Postby Gavyn » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 am

lol Im not really planning to get pregnant but my son was a surprise. I want health insurance for our family but I dont want it unless it covers maternity. but I guess thats not really possible on a budget! :( I dont want to be on medicaid, I was for my son and just dont want to be, there are too many people that are rude about it and too many people that dont treat you like a normal person. oh well I guess.
Gavyn

Postby Berakhiah » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Unfortunately, the concept of 'maternity insurance' is really not financially tenable for either you or the insurance company.

Insurance is a gamble .... the insurance company gambles that you will, over time, pay out more in premiums that you will ever get back in benefits. And YOU gamble that you'll get your money's worth by paying out those big premiums.
But if you're buying maternity insurance, you are, presumably, planing to get pregnant soon, so in order for the company to make money (or break even) they'd need to charge more for the premiums than you'd be spending for pregnancy and birth.

If you are very low income, most states have government funded coverage for pregnancy and young children.
Or, if you can wait until 2014 when the Affordable Care Act kicks in, you should have many more options.
Berakhiah

Postby anton » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:19 am

Maternity riders on private pay insurance are expensive. That's just the way it goes. The company is going into the deal knowing they will have to pay out, and since they are in the business to make money, they are going to charge you to cover what they pay. Have you looking into doing an HSA (heath savings account) and saving just what you would need to cover maternity expenses, if the case should arise? That might be a good way to go. I don't know a whole lot about it, but yo might want to research it and see if it would work for you.

Even if you can't afford a maternity rider, I would still advise you to get health insurance that you can afford, for everything else.
anton

Postby Oengus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:24 am

Unfortunately, there are no private insurances that only cover maternity. See if your state offers a FAMIS plan that is specifically for expectant moms.
Oengus

Return to Health & Medical Insurance