Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

When Does Obama's Health Care Plan Start Taking Effect?

Insurance & Special Deals for Seniors

Postby Scelftun » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:25 pm

The "Obamacare" kicks in this year for insurance reforms, and the senior citizen fix for the "doughnut hole" overlap in prescription coverage kicks in next year, 2011, but there is provision for a $250 supplemental payment this year to cover any costs incurred. Also this year is that kids up to age 26 can still be covered by their parents' insurance.
An added feature is the elimination of banks as middlemen for student loans (to lower education costs)...students will now be able to make higher-education loans at a lower interest rate directly from the Department of Education.
Some provisions are gradually phased in, and by 2014 the 32,000,000 people currently not covered by insurance will be covered. Insurance companies cannot deny coverage due to pre-existing condition, cannot cap coverage for major illnesses, cannot abruptly cancel as soon as premium payers become ill or injured. The new law and it's "Fix It" addendae (consisting of changes from the Committee Mark-up process that passed in both the House and Senate and now awaiting President Obama's signature for this week) provide American citizens with three things: Accountability, Affordability, and Accessibility (what I've dubbed the three A+'s).
For more detail, go to the whitehouse.gov line, where both are posted.
There is also a chance for you to voice your concerns, and they DO respond.
I get e-mails from the White House on most of my questions or comments.
Scelftun

Postby Lynd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:52 am

2014 is the date it will go into effect although you will begin paying for it now through your income taxes.
Lynd

Postby Curtiss » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:37 pm

2014 but atleast it will benefit alot of people , rush or no rush, it will take over from all the mistakes that bush made in the past,....it comes to show that rich people wants to stay rich and snotty and stingy while the poor stays poor wants more than that but at the same time thinks hat if the republicans are gonna act like bxtchez then its not worth it!
Curtiss

Postby Conny » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:55 am

Bend over, it's coming at you now.

Benefits, however, not for a few years. It will be repealed or stricken down by the court by then. But you won't get your money back

For those of you that think this is a good law, you have a very rude awakening in the coming years.

This bill was entirely written in a Progressive, Liberal echo chamber, with disregard for any economics, truth, reality or common sense. This will be exponentially more expensive than was promoted, and most of the people who voted for this know that. We need to show them the door in November.

Don't let the House doors hit you on your way out; just leave!!!
Conny

Postby Earwine » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:57 pm

i am not covered (will be paying penalty) but will get husbands in 2 months - but deductible so high i wont go to doctor unless its an emergency. so will just cost us more with no benefit unless i am dying - in which case i dont want revived just pain meds. and leave my husband the bills.
Earwine

Postby Suffield » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 am

some provisions have already taken consequence. the guy mandate takes consequence in 2014. in case you examine the wikipedia article for PPACA, it grants each and all of the provisions and the start dates.
Suffield

Postby Kinny » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:15 pm

The bulk of it in 2014.
Kinda makes you wonder what the big rush was all about..
Kinny

Postby aler » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 am

Actually it took affect the instant he signed the bill into law.

The part I like the best however is that taxes will go up instantly for the first four years even though the benefits dont kick in until 2014...brilliant piece of legislation huh?
aler

Postby Alphonsus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:48 pm

It already has had it's intened effect..

Insurance company stocks have shot through the roof.
Alphonsus

Postby Doane » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:16 pm

When we get hyperinflation style cost increases in the healthcare industry.

Similar to what medicare did in the 1970s.
Doane

Return to Seniors Insurance