Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Would You Do In My Situation?

All discussions relating to Business Insurance and Business Finance

Postby Elija » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:31 am

OK, I had a guy that has worked for our very small business for about 3 years. He has lived in our home as he is a 35 yr old mess up. We are his same age with a family (me, my husband and 2 kids), He rarely paid rent but we did not complain much because keeping him busy 40 hrs a week has been touch and go. On the otherhand we still have to pay the bills no matter what.

Anyways, he borrowed our van and wrecked it. We got reimbursed by the insurance company but now his attorney is calling us regarging our insurance. That just simply pissed me off!!! And his attorney allowed him a cheap rental car place (since he has no car) and he could not follow their rul

e to come in once a week so they could check out the car rule so they reposessed it back.

Three weeks ago my husband gave him extra money on some jobs so he could move out and he as usual blew it all on assumingly drugs (which we don't do or allow in our home!!!!!!). But he kept coming home looking like a zombie and could not hold a conversation.

Well we told him he had to leave our home. He was not exempt from his mis-managing money and it was not our concern anymore. Well he was big headed at the time because he still had the rental car. That was fine, Now I could use my restroom and not shut the door at night if I didn't want to. Simple I know but freedom at last.

Well when they repo'd the rental he had nothing again. Asked to stay the night at my house, crap!!! It was my birthday and I went out and yes got a little intoxicated. I asked to speak with him and he absolutely refused. I said if you refuse to speak with me in a civil manor than you do not to deserve to stay in my home tonight. With his gangster demeanor he packed his things back up and was trying to leave but I noticed keys in his hand. The apartments we contract with have keys with white tags on them. I said HELL NO give me those keys, I did not want to deal with our contract saying a contractor of ours stole the keys. I reached for them over and over, he lost his balance to fall against a closet and then starting screaming "Assault, Assault" then started running down the road.

He continued to my neighbors house to call 911 and continue to try to get me arrested. On my birthday just to remind you.

The police found a criminal background on him that requires a hold from Michigan. He is stuck there for a bit but Michigan will probably not come for a minor pot charge. I found out that he was in prison before for armed robbery and is wanted after prison release for burglery including a firearm. This was a while ago but he is still wanted for the other charge. I called that county and they said they will not come for him.

Should I get a weapon to protect my family from him? Oklahoma has that right to kill law. I never want to use it, I am a yuppy type person but don't want a criminal attacking my family!!!
Elija

Postby christy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Your a yuppie type person who took on a pet. The pet misbehaved, no matter how much you tryed to train him.

Sadly, you can not keep humans as pets.

The minute he pissed on the floor in your home, you should have rubbed his nose in it and thrown him out for good.

So what is the lesson for the day?................... Dont pick up strays on the way home!

You should never have let him back in when he messed up the first time. Foundations of respect, need to be set from the beginning. Second guessing your decision and allowing him back in, only made him think he could do it again and get away with it.

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me
christy

Postby Devoss » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:00 am

By reading this, im going to take note and not let a stranger live with me
Devoss

Postby Chizkiya » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:20 am

Crazy situation.

Get a protection order against him, and change the locks.

With his background, if he comes around in violation of the protection order, they will very likely lock him up.
Chizkiya

Postby Ashwyn » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Defend your family.

where i live is someone breaks in my house and cuts them self on the window i get sued.. dont even bother trying to fend off intruders in your own house around here... u get in serious trouble
Ashwyn

Postby Jarrell » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:16 am

BUY A GUN AND LEARN TO USE IT CHANGE THE LOCKS PROTECT YOUR FAMILY BY ALL MEANS
Jarrell

Return to Business Insurance