Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Would Happen If I Take A Damaged Car To The Shop But Spent The Insurance Claim Money?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

What Would Happen If I Take A Damaged Car To The Shop But Spent The Insurance Claim Money?

Postby Denman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 pm

My car was hit by a non insured driver. I was in the process of bankruptcy. I kept calling the company to come and get the car. I filed a claim with my insurance company becuse i felt bad for turning the car in damaged. My insurance company is sending a check to me with my name and the body shop name on it. I told the financial company where the car is. can they make me pay for the damage? Technically the car is not my responsibility anymore I filed bankruptcy.
Denman

Postby Feandan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:44 am

If the check has your name and the body shop you don't have legal claim to it by yourself, they do that so the car owner will sign over the check to the body shop and not pocket the money.

If you try to deposit it into your account by forging their name you will probably be arrested.
Feandan

Postby Aditsan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:50 am

Swooosh, she rankings, you will not be able to lose yet counting on the regulations on your State/united states you are able to in all threat tell them which you quite prefer to preserve your written off automobile for it truly is scrap fee and sell quite a clean engine/gearbox/etc on ebay or 2d hand for great dollars. you ought to even sell the full automobile as is. Now you have have been given capital w. the left over coverage money after paying lower back what's left of what you borrowed at the same time in a extreme interest account at a time while money is king! With negotiating skills (or a chum who has them that may well be useful you) each little thing gets notably decreased for money. i would not waste a penny, not too usually do you get unfastened rankings like this in existence. Bum rides until you get to Hawaii, then get a real deal, perhaps 0.5 fee for money on the motorbike you prefer once you get there. save 0.5 the money left over in a extreme interest account, do not situation expenses of interest are approximately to could desire to bypass way up quickly and you would be making interest quite of paying it! All this 'qualifying for loans and massive credit' is approximately to alter into heritage, a mug's sport, get began off on the winners' area doing the lending..
Aditsan

Postby Rendall » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:51 am

Yes you filed for bankruptcy, but if the accident happened before the filing or before the bankruptcy was finished, you MUST disclose the check to the trustee. Otherwise it's fraud. Even if it happened after, the finance company can "clawback" the check. It's not yours. It never was yours. It belongs to the finance company since the damage is on their vehicle.
Rendall

Return to Car Insurance