Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:


Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison


Roamright Travel Insurance

What Will The Jury Say?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Boc » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:31 am

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident aug. 12 ,2011. A drunk driver traveling at 65 mph struck me from behind while I was stopped at a construction zone. My injuries include: ribs broken in 29 places, collapsed right lung, 12 fractured vertabrae in my spine, 3 fractured vertabrae in my neck, 3 severe bleeds on my brain, knocked my teeth out, and broke my left shoulder. This wreck has required a surgery to repair my shoulder, to my lung, to my arm to remove glass hunks from my arm...after a years time I have been in continual pain, so I went back to Dr. And he ran a CT scan to see the problem. CT scan shows that 5 ribs in my back are still as broken as the day they pulled me from the wreck. He said only fix is either remove those ribs completely or place titanium plates over them to hold them together.
The driver who hit me has an insurance policy of 1,350,000 dollars. My lawyer requested policy limits in the case.
my bills so far are 250k. The insurance company offerd to pay medical only, no pain and suffering, no lost wages, no mental anguish, NOTHIN .
So my lawyer tells them look, y'all pay us 650,000 and we will pay all medical bills, attorney's fees, and that will leave my client with 270 to 300 k for his pocket, which I thought was fair , even more than fair really, with NO GREED. Insurance company says their offer stands see you in court...my question is this. How will a jury see this case, because the amount I will end up with will be in there hands. And note: jury is not allowed to know how much the drunks policy.was for, nor what was offered.
The jurys job is to hear the facts which is Exactly the way I just told you. And then make a decision on what THEY THINK I SHOULD BE AWARDED......anybody have an idea on what the jury will say?
Boc
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 am

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Courtland » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 pm

Insured guy has $1M has probably got an umbrella policy.

Do you even need pain and suffering?

Does your idiot lawyer think that $650 K -- considering he's gonna get 30% (He's gonna get close to $200K of that... then he's gonna charge you $5 bucks a page for everything he's printed for your case, $95.00 for every fifteen minute phone call... even if you only talked to his secretary for 3 minutes.

A Jury in Florida just let Casey Anthony off the hook.
They based it on "the facts"
Courtland
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:36 pm

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Addney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Wow, it's only been 10 days, and you've had surgery and a whole year has passed!

That is a very oddball amount of coverage to have.


What the jury says, is going to matter way, way WAY lot, which state you were in, and if YOU were driving with insurance or not.


See, if you had no insurance, in a "no pay no play" state, you're not ENTITLED to any pain & suffering.
Medical bills only.
And in some no pay no play states, you're not even entitled to that.


In absence of anything else, not knowing what your permanent disabilities are or how old you are, I think a jury isn't going to go with 6 times medical bills.
That's way, WAY a lot.
Maybe you'll get $500K.


And maybe you'll just end up with medical bills.
The attorney will take 1/3, so that would leave you seriously in the hole.
Addney
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:36 am

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Rorey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:02 pm

If we had the ability to predict what a jury would do.....then we'd be using that power to buy lottery tickets.


No one here can remotely predict what a jury will do.
Rorey
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:02 pm

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Alfonzo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 pm

jury says... Chuckonorrisderous!
Alfonzo
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 pm

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Stiles » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:16 pm

i find it hard to believe that your attorneys are working on a settlement 11 days after your accident.
i have never heard of an attorney asking for a settlement until after the medical treatment is finished, or at least until they can give you a dianosis and a long term outlook, which they can't do after 11 days.
That being said--I don't blame the attorney, i would definately take it to court.
however, not sure it will be jury trial--is usually just in front of a judge or mediator to work out the terms of the settlement.
you would go in front of a jury if the insurance company was trying to deny the claim altogether.
Stiles
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:09 am

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby Spark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 am

your completely broken they will see that and see that the insurance company is being unfair 80% chance you win 20% chance you get the same deal
Spark
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 pm

What Will The Jury Say?

Postby lug70 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm surprise that you still can write and post question on Yahoo! Answer D:
lug70
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:44 am


Return to Travel Insurance

cron