Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

What's the general protocol for UK citizen day trips to US whilst on Canadian tourist visa?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

What's the general protocol for UK citizen day trips to US whilst on Canadian tourist visa?

Postby kangee88 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm in Canada as a tourist but was granted a work visa a few weeks ago. I need to activate it and get my passport stamped, so my boyfriend's parents are going to take me to the States so I can activate it when we come back. Is there a minimum amount of time I have to have been out of Canada for? I have more than the required documentation, i.e. not only my passport and the visa letter, but a copy of my police check certificate I had at home in the UK, bank statements, travel insurance certificate and e-ticket for my flight home, so any questions I may get asked can be verified. I also already have a valid ESTA for travel in the States, so can stay if I need to, but it would be easier to just have everything done in a day so I need to know if I can...
kangee88

Postby shan31 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:14 pm

The only things a British citizen needs to enter the U.S. are a passport and the ESTA number...nothing else. You have no need for all that other stuff...that is the purpose of the ESTA. Just tell them youare visiting or shopping for a few days...no need for long-winded explanations. Come on over.
shan31

Return to Travel Insurance