Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Is The Best Life Insurance Firm To Have A Policy With?

General Insurance discussions and general chat

Postby Kajika » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 pm

im looking to set up a life insurance policy to help take care of my family , loved on and my son when im gone...

what are the best firms to join.

best offer iv had so far is with tesco for £500,000 cover for £37 a month.

slightly less with the post office.. but they ask too many questions when it comes to mental health (i have depression and have self harmed) and when iv self harmed
Kajika

Postby Barry » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:12 pm

UNUM has good insurance through employers, Voluntary Workplace Benefits and also Individual coverages. Good rates and customer service. I've been pleased with their coverages. Depending on what level of insurance benefit you are asking for, you may need to fill out an Evidence of Insurability questionairre (medical questions) and that is typical with any insurance carrier. They want to know if you are healthy, basically. Your depression may be a key factor in those questions so keeping your benefit level under the guarantee issue amount would be wise. Guarantee Issue is the amount you receive without the Underwriting questionairre.
Barry

Postby Sewall » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:51 pm

term life insurance is there to replace your income when/if you die

formula usually is your salary times number of years till your youngest child reaches 21

so may want £20k x 16 = £320,000 life cover over a 16 year period ( if youngest child is now 5 and you earn £20k; increase as you like to take care of rising income

companies - Tesco, Legal & General, More Than, Norwich Union, Post Office, M&S financial etcetc put cheap life insurance into google or people like gocompare.com

But note if you have a history of any illness - you do have to declare it - because if you don't and you die as a result ( including self harming etc) the company whoever it is will not pay out at all,

thats how insurance works - the company is taking a risk that you will or you won't die, if the odds are stacked either way - the insurance co has to know
Sewall

Postby Squier » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:02 am

I might suggest one to try this internet site where you can compare rates from the best companies: http://INSUREQUOTE.INFO/index.html?src=5...

RE :What is the best life insurance firm to have a policy with?

im looking to set up a life insurance policy to help take care of my family , loved on and my son when im gone...

what are the best firms to join.

best offer iv had so far is with tesco for £500,000 cover for £37 a month.

slightly less with the post office.. but they ask too many questions when it comes to mental health (i have depression and have self harmed) and when iv self harmed

Follow 2 answers
Squier

Return to General Insurance Questions