Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Is The Best Kind Of Pet Insurance For A Dog? (uk)?

Insurance for your furry friends

Postby Jermain » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:01 pm

I have insured my dogs with Pet Plan on their cover for life supreme plan for many a year now, and although I shop around and contact other providers it still provides what I consider to be comprehensive coverage at a price I can afford.

The reason I purchase cover for life is that if I continue to pay the premium the dog will be covered until it dies [though the excess does increase when a dog becomes a senior].

Pet Plan will cover the same condition in successive claim years. This is an important as some health condition are ongoing or may require treatment in more than one year.

For large bills it is possible to claim direct so the money is paid directly to the local veterinary practice or hospital and the owner pays the excess.

Physiotherapy and hydrotherapy is covered by the policy.

There claims have been settled promptly and without a quibble.
Jermain

Postby Blayne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:06 pm

There is no doubt that Pet Plan is the very best but of course it is the most expensive.

Whatever you do go for make sure that you get a LIFE policy and not an ANNUAL policy.

What this means is that if a dog had a condition with a life policy then the insurance will pay out forever.

If it had the same condition with an annual policy then it will only pay out for one year.

There are many conditions that last way past the year for sure.
Blayne

Postby Teddy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm

I think the best pet insurance is with a company called pet plan ,my horses dogs and cat are insured with them ,Premiums are a little expensive but when you see what they cover i think its worth it .
Teddy

Postby Serafim » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am

that's own determination regardless of if to save income an account for vet charges or take out coverage, i might % coverage firms heavily, puppy plan is one I even have continually used because of the fact they pay out straight away and that they conceal a puppy for existence no longer basically conceal an ailment for a year and then exclude the ailment right here year which some coverage firms do. i might recommend you're putting off coverage for the 1st year as this is the time many injuries can ensue he ought to swallow something interior of your abode, or leap awkwardly hurting himself, injuries ensue no count how careful we are, additionally he ought to advance an ailment. Vet charges may be very costly, there isn't any way of understanding in the adventure that your dogs will grow to be ill or injured contained sooner or later word that coverage has an extra for each situation you declare for coverage firms are a business corporation so there is often going to be greater funds getting in than popping out yet once you're unlucky sufficient to have a continual ill dogs you would be happy you had coverage for this reason you need to think of roughly it heavily, do you have sufficient funds to pay for costly scientific care devoid of coverage?
Serafim

Postby Braemwiella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:10 am

There is an article in today's Daily Mail about pet insurance titled "A Stark choice for pet owners". The advice is to go to www.thisismoney.co.uk/pets
Braemwiella

Postby Jordell » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 am

I found Pet Plan were just taking the mickey with their renewal premiums, as the dog got older- even with no claims whatsoever.
I was with them for many years.

So I moved to MoreThan who were quite good, but again wanted £53 a month when the dog was 10.

So again I moved to Equine and Livestock- but I don't know how good they are, as I'm glad to say there's been no claim.

By moving insurer you can lose out on pre-existing conditions.

I hate insurance, much of it seems to be legalised robbery.

Most ordinary things, say an upset stomach, come in at less than the excess so you end up paying anyway.
And the excess can get very high with age.

Insurers take in money easily- getting them to pay out is far harder.
Jordell

Return to Pet Insurance