Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

What's The Best Beginners Bike For Its Cost, Performance, And Highway Durability.?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

What's The Best Beginners Bike For Its Cost, Performance, And Highway Durability.?

Postby Briggere » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:32 pm

I have read that a good beginners motorbike would be a low powered lightweight bike, like a Kawasaki ninja 250cc. However, I've also read that it is dangerous on the freeway, which is how I get to church 2-3 times a week.

I need a bike that won't send my insurance through the roof, but will get me from point A to point B smoothly via freeway travel. I'm looking into a sports bike, and I feel inclined to take a chance on the Ninja 500cc or the 650r. [I know that cc means cubic centimeters, but I'm clueless on the "r". Please let me know what that means, and why each are significant to the bike.]

I'm also looking greatly into fuel efficiency, and my target range is 75mpg to anything higher.

Other detailed you might need for this: I'm 6'2 and 200lbs. I am looking for the best collage to attend. I love in Northern Indianapolis in the Carmel area, with a fairly long summer season and often very mild winters... so I might ride all year round. This bike would be for an almost daily commute to and from work, church, and various service projects, within a 400 mile radius of Indianapolis. I don't need to carry a lot of stuff either. I'm open minded to anything at this point, but I do prefer the look of the classic sports bike.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to answer!
Briggere

Postby Montague » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:13 pm

I think the smartest for you to buy is a Honda Deauville.

Besides being such a versatile bike it is made in many 650 and 700 cc models. I think it can have a stereo mounted. The looks don't give it away as something rural, touring or sports like. Something of everything. The two cylinders will make you feel comfortable and allow riding quietly in low gear. The drive shaft is maintenance and worry free. It sure looks big enough to be spotted and followed with the eyes. Not being seen is an always present danger, even when standing still, and a LOUD horn a good investment for you to make. You will sell such bike easily when you have made your mind up about something else. It has an economy meter on the dashboard (that shows unrealistic millage) to suit your needs. The costs of having a motorbike are so much higher then the price of gas that you should not worry about fuel consumption of the Honda. Look at the water cooling and build in crash bars. People on YouTube can show you more. You may also want to learn riding renting lighter motorcycles. Follow cars at a safe distance and stay in people both their mirrors. Do the advanced riders course when you feel like. Talk with other riders about whats happening in traffic. Riding fast when there is a gas station in the corner of your eyes is a stupid thing to do. They can tell you why. Remember that you even will have to learn to take corners and ride bends. When you ask me how to ride safe as a beginner, I would say: pick clear destinations and don't ride like now this street and now that block. Have fun. Keep the air speed under control. 2:| Alfred

The "R" on the green Ninje 650r bike may stand for Ergonomics because of its tourer qualities with the extremely low rider position, low center of gravity and respectable manageable power output. It makes sense that it is definitely not a racer. Similar wordplay on the other models here: F is faired and N means naked. On motorcycles characters do have meaning.

How far does the handlebar turn, are you seated right for learning and do insurance companies charge you extra for sport models, like the GT model cars? I bet that you wont ride this in the rain. Not even anywhere. It will give you black fingernails because other riders know a chain results in more power and less weight.
Montague

Postby Koty » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:34 am

You want the motorcycle section.
Koty

Postby Chanoch » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:40 am

Bicycles aren't allowed on highways.
Try the MOTORCYCLE section.
Chanoch

Return to Travel Insurance