Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What should I do, I just turned 22 and my parents are making me pay all these bills?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

What should I do, I just turned 22 and my parents are making me pay all these bills?

Postby salvatorio100 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:38 pm

I just graduated college and landed a job a month after graduating. I have over $50k in student loans to start paying off, plus I already pay for my own groceries, rent, gas, and I don't buy clothes or go shopping for anything else. My mom suddenly EMAILED my brother, sister, and myself saying that she wants us to start paying for our car insurances, cell phone, and whatever else she singled each of us out for. My sister got to work for a year and a half after graduating before they made her start paying bills, plus they paid off her new car! I haven't even gotten a graduation present yet. What gives? Am I the only one that sees how unfair this is, I've worked so hard my entire life and this is how they thank me!
salvatorio100

Postby cuddy96 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:43 pm

It's called life...you gotta do stuff for yourself when your an adult. I'm a teen and have to do this. It's probably a lesson or something.
cuddy96

Postby rhyawdd » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Tell them they didn't give you as much as your sister and they need to compensate for it but make sure your brother and sister don't know tell them you just need to get on your feet before they could give you even more responsibility
rhyawdd

Postby rice44 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Welcome to being an adult!

You're lucky your parents have supported you so far. What possible reason could you have for believing that they're going to continue to support you when you have been a legal adult for FOUR YEARS?
rice44

Postby gonzalo59 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Welcome to being an adult!

You're lucky your parents have supported you so far. What possible reason could you have for believing that they're going to continue to support you when you have been a legal adult for FOUR YEARS?
Well you are an adult, when I was your age I had to pay all that. You need to learn how to start budgeting everything and being responsible. Your parents also may not have the money to keep paying for everything for you, money doesn't grow on trees.
gonzalo59

Postby garen » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 pm

I pity whoever marries you. I hope you mature. Your attitude is unbelievable and ungrateful. I'm truly sickened by your attitude.

I could point out a lot... but re-read your last line;
"I've worked so hard my entire life and this is how they thank me!"

Perhaps one day you'll understand how much your family has sacrificed for you. How much they gave up to provide & support you (mentally and financially). And yet you say "this is how they thank me!"....

I hope you see how beyond reason your attitude is.
garen

Postby fergusson » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:12 pm

http://www.ctsfreedomandwealth.com/

You can do that from home. All you need is a computer with internet access (which you seem to have) and a phone if you prefer not to make calls from your computer.

I am not sure if you are aware of the global financial situation, it is bad...for most.

Enjoy financial freedom A LOT faster than you think! :)
fergusson

Return to Car Insurance