Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What racial group receives the most government assistance?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby amias40 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:06 am

I don’t know why so many people focus on welfare, as it sucks up only a very small percentage of US taxes. The majority of our taxes go to Social Security, Medicare (health insurance for the elderly)---500 billion combined; military, 300 billion; the INTEREST on the national debt, 250 billion; and assistance to the poor, to include food stamps, welfare, etc at only 105 billion. Granted, many of these taxes are needed, such as Social Security and Medicare. But as tax payers, we should be more upset with funding the war and paying interest on the US debt, which is due to misappropriation of funds, than on the small percentage of taxes which go to the poor. However, people are always talking about the Blacks and Hispanics who receive welfare. So, I'm giving you the real statistics:

There are more White women and children on welfare than Black women and children. Look it up! More whites are on welfare. That's a true statement and a fact. About 1 in 4 Black mothers of childbearing ages (1.5 million) were AFDC recipients, higher than the 7 percent of corresponding White mothers (2.1 million). Despite these differences in recipiency rates, Black AFDC mothers did not have significantly more children than their White counterparts. Unless you failed 2nd grade math, you do know 2.1 million is more than 1.5 million. If you go by percentages, Blacks represent 39.8% of welfare recipients and Whites represent 38.8%, Hispanics represent 15.7%, Asians 2.4% and other races 3.3 %. So, here is the mathematical breakdown:

There are way more Whites in America than Blacks. Thus, even if 100% of Blacks were on welfare and only 50% of Whites, there would still be more Whites in America that are on welfare. For the sake of argument, let's say that there are 100,000 Blacks in America and 300,000 Whites (although the ratio of Blacks to Whites is much higher). If 100% of Blacks were on welfare (which they are not) and 50% of whites were on welfare, there would be 100,000 Blacks on welfare and 150,000 Whites on welfare. Percentages are a way of skewing the facts. That is why statistics like these are measured in percentages- to allow for baised representation of the facts. Even if we only look at the percentages, Blacks= 39.8% & Whites= 38.8%, the discrepancy here is only 1.0%. The funny thing is, Blacks have been discriminated against since they first arrived in America. Whites have had a head-start on making money and building assets and yet, they are still right behind us (percentage-wise) in receiving government assistance. Blacks traditionally have been the last hired and the first fired. There's nothing new. It only makes sense that as the job source declines, Blacks will be adversely and severely affected. So, what is the White person's excuse? Racial privilege should have worked in your favor a long time ago.

If you have an argument that can discount this data, please, let me know. Otherwise, people should stop saying that Blacks and Hispanics are lazy and taking all of the taxpayer's money. Here is a website where you can read the data presented here:

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/stat...
amias40

Postby cahir » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 am

The longer you hold someone up, the harder they fall? Funny, Blacks have been taking care of Whites since the slave days, this country had babied and coddles the White man and Whites have not had to do anything for themselves and Whites seem to be doing quite fine.

To answer the original poster, White women do, then White males second since they are the children of these White welfare queens, who continue to have babies out of wedlock, and serial divorce in the rare case they do find a husband. This is the cycle that finally brought America down to the horrible state it is now with the White dependency mindset that has plagued their community for years.
cahir

Postby hastiin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:19 am

WHITE
hastiin

Postby shelomo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 am

Native americans have the highest rate.
shelomo

Postby freddie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:39 am

About 1 in 4 Black mothers of childbearing ages (1.5 million) were AFDC recipients, higher than the 7 percent of corresponding White mothers (2.1 million).

So you are saying 7% of whites are on welfare, and 25% of blacks...

But lets go with your raw numbers without taking into consideration of population sizes and I could just as easily ask you "Why are whites paying more taxes than blacks" Is it fair that whites pay more taxes, we pay roughly 6 times the amount of taxes blacks do..

lol ok, always complaining about equality but now you say whites SHOULD be paying more taxes. I know plenty of blacks with good paying jobs, they are hard workers, what was so magical about their success??

Face it, more blacks are on welfare % wise. More whites are on it, cause umm, there are more whites. Do not get me wrong, I am actually on your side here, I do not want blacks on welfare like they are because I think the longer they keep staying in the rut of "have baby, never get married, get on welfare, cycle continues when the kid is of birthing age, and on and on" it only hurts the black community. The longer you hold someone up, the harder they fall later.
freddie

Postby leofric33 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

In percentage of race it would be black.
If it was RAW numbers then its white.
If the population was more even the results would still be black. The only reason the RAW numbers are white is because white people make up like 50% of America when blacks male only 12%
leofric33

Return to Health & Medical Insurance