Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

What do I need to stay in Canada for 4 months?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby dwaine48 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm

I am going to Canada soon. I will be staying with my girlfriend who will be covering all of my expenses. I will have a few £100 money on me and I have travel insurance. What else do I need? Also, I know that immigration like to know that you will return to your own country at the end of your stay, would it suffice to tell them that my girlfriend will be coming back with me, as she will be preparing to move back to the UK with me when my stay is over?
dwaine48

Postby emmet » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 pm

You need a return ticket, a demonstration that you can afford to live for the time they allow you without working, and permission to stay that long from immigration when you arrive.
emmet

Postby kippie » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Not a good idea

if you only have a few hundred pounds you will probably not be allowed to enter Canada because you do NOT have enough money to live on. YOU have to have all the money - NOT your girlfriend. You also have to show proof that you WILL GO HOME after your visit. If you cannot prove that then you will not be allowed to enter Canada.

NO - telling the Canada border service that your girlfriend will be going back to the UK with you is NOT sufficient. Chances are high she will be DENIED entry to the UK - especially if she doesnt have enough money for a visit and she cannot show that she will RETURN home after the visit.

You are going about this all wrong. You need to read the Canadian and UK immigration websites and do things the RIGHT and LEGAL way.
kippie

Return to Travel Insurance