Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Do I Need To Start A Pet Sitting Business?

Insurance for your furry friends

Postby Arman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Ok so here soon i'm starting a pet sitting business and i'm wondering what i need.I'm doing it in the back of my garage.I live out in the country so it is perfect for like walking the dogs and all but i do worry about what i will need and things like that so what do i need for a pet sitting service in my home?
Arman

Postby Hinto » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:52 pm

The first thing i would get sorted is Public Liability Insurance etc. coz u kno if anything goes wrong ur *** will be sued so make sure ur protected against anything that could happen, i.e. a death.

All you really need is some nice kennels or cages for the pets, some seperate areas for them to play etc. Work on the advertising and you'll pick the rest up as u go
Hinto

Postby Coilean » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi, getting bonded and insured would be your first concern to protect yourself against liability. Next I'd learn the basics of dog walking and especially how to put on all the equipment. You can learn more about how to start and grow your pet service here: http://petsitterbible.com
Coilean

Postby Daudi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:38 pm

You'll need to obtain a business license from your city/county.
You will need to be bonded, in order for people to trust a stranger with their dog.
You'll need to check with the zoning department to see if you are zoned to have a kennel.
You will need to obtain a liability insurance policy, to cover you, should something happen to a dog while in your care.
You will need references from the obedience trainer that you mentored under.
It'll cost you thousands of dollars to put up a kennel.
You should also know basic emergency medical care.
You must have a legal contract drawn up.
Daudi

Return to Pet Insurance