Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What kind of insurance would I need for renting out my backyard for parties/events/weddings etc?

General Insurance discussions and general chat

What kind of insurance would I need for renting out my backyard for parties/events/weddings etc?

Postby rogertaylor36 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 am

is there any company that specializes in this insurance or an agency that deals with event rental properties?
rogertaylor36

Postby shan31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 am

The insurance you'd need, is called "general liability". It's going to start at $1,000, and go up from there depending on a bunch of factors you didn't mention.

More importantly, do you have portapotties for the guests to use? And is your back yard zoned to allow for commercial use like that?
shan31

Postby hob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 am

First, check with your homeowner's insurance agent to see if this is covered by that policy. Most likely it isn't covered.

If not, there are agents/brokers specializing in event liability insurance for one-day events (For example http://www.specialeventinsurance.com). Many venues require people renting the facility to get their own general liability insurance coverage from one of these specialized agents and then indemnify the venue operator. So this is something you could write into your contract with people renting your backyard.
hob

Postby yoshi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:51 am

There is property insurance for rentals. Most companies have it but not every so you would have to check. I would have a really good personal injury compensation so that if anyone does get hurt for any reason you would be covered with very little out of pocket expenses.
yoshi

Return to General Insurance Questions