Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Happens If You Give The Police A Fake Name?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

What Happens If You Give The Police A Fake Name?

Postby Laec » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Today my brother was stopped by the police on the freeway for an unknown reason. He has a suspended license and was scared. When the officer asked for his information he said he didnt have insurance and lost his wallet and couldn't provide an I.D. When the officer asked for his name he gave them a fake one to avoid going to jail for his suspended license. The officer said he couldn't find him in the system and would have to take him to jail. The officer then had my brother call someone to come for his car. But his phone was in the car and the officer went to get it. He there came across my brother's wallet and I.D. he ran his name and asked why he gave him a different name and my brother told him because he didn't want to go to jail due to the status of his license. The officer fortunately let him go. Normally its protocol to take people with suspended licenses to jail but this offficer just said he will receive papers in the mail. Were just now wondering what he will probably be charged with as far as saying a fake name?

We live in Washington state. He has been charged with driving with license suspended in the 3rd degree three prior times.
Laec

Return to Car Insurance