Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What doss it cost to have a cat vaccinated and what is the cost of microchipping, also the cost of cat insuran?

Insurance for your furry friends

What doss it cost to have a cat vaccinated and what is the cost of microchipping, also the cost of cat insuran?

Postby ferrell » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:06 pm

We are fostering a kitten, maybe quite longterm, it is due in jections soon and I know we will have to pay for them, what is the cost of injections, microchipping and pet insurance in the u.k. I would like to keep this little cat but the owner, who is homeless at the moment, has asked us to foster her cat, it has been neutered and had vaccinations, it is 9 months old now. We are in the u.k. so any advice re vets would be helpful. thank you.
ferrell

Postby cochlain » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Your best bet would be to call a vet and ask what they charge for these services. It will be more accurate than us guessing. ;)
cochlain

Postby abell » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm

There are so many organization that offer low cost spay/neuter or low cost vaccination. Some even have free one's depending on your income status. You need to do your research for your surrounding area.
A good Place to start looking is http://www.foundanimals.org/pet-spay-neuter
It will give places that offer low cost spay/neuter in your area.
abell

Postby ealahweemah » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi denise.

Vaccs are due now. Is the cat male or female, you refer to her as It?

Insurance depnds on where you live. I pay £12 per month for one cat but I live in a city, you may get it cheaper but ring round a few providers.

Microchipping - ask your local cat rescue if they know where you can get this done cheaply (they will know because they will have a good vet working with them, and there's no better recommendation you can get). My local vets do a microchipping "special" for £10 as they are affiliated to Cats Protection League who supply the microchips for free, therefore you just pay for the implanting.

Vaccines - expect to pay around £50. The first ones come in two parts, three weeks apart. You only pay once though. After that a booster is usually given every 12-15 months, costs around £20.

A neuter/spay will cost you £55 for a male £65 for a female at my vet. Please ensure this is done - too many unwanted kittens already.

Consultation fees don't apply on top of these charges. You pay consultation fees when the cat is sick and a diagnosis is required, not for standard procedures. Standard fees are between £30 and £40 here.

If all this is too much, the vet will have payment plans you can discuss with the receptionist before you go in. They will also supply you with prices over the phone, don't be shy to ring round and get the best price.

Good tip - Pets At Home now have vets in-store. Here's the list of stores with vets and their telephone numbers.

You're very kind to foster this cat, why don't you tell the owner you'll keep her forever? He obviously can't afford to care for her properly.
ealahweemah

Postby burket » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Because your cat has already been vaccinated it only needs a booster injection annually - this is usually about £30. Microchipping is about £30 also and is obviously a one off charge :-) You can get insurance from £4 per month for non pedigree cats. This does go up each year as they get older though.
burket

Return to Pet Insurance