Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What Are The Benifits For Being A Veteran In California?

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

Postby Shermon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 am

Veterans insurance what does it cover?

Hi everyone, my father is a Veteran, he served for the Army, right now he is about in his mid 80's and is suffering from cancer, he was admitted once to the VA hospital out here in Los Angeles, but his cancer doctor say's he's not eligible for Kemo, considering his age, so his cancer is spreading throughout his body, and on top of that his kidneys are failing, so there is a big chance that he will not be with us for long, this has come all of a sudden only because he has been telling us that he is fine and a very very stubborn father, he was doing his normal daily routine that has been going on for years, but if he passes away will the VA help us with burial and funeral arraingment's?
Shermon

Postby Oengus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am

I am sorry to hear about your father's cancer. It is a hard time for anyone.

If your loved one was receiving monthly payments already, you will need to notify the Veteran?s Administration of the death when he passes. Additionally, if your loved one was a veteran who received a discharge other than dishonorable, survivors may get $300 toward funeral expenses and $150 for burial costs. Of course, burial in a national cemetery is free to a veteran, spouse, and/or dependent children. Additionally, if you choose to have your loved one buried in a national cemetery, there are other free benefits.

I have more information on my website http://www.burialinsurance.com/burial-insurance/burial-insurance-companies/veterans-administration-burial-insurance/
Oengus

Postby daunte » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:04 pm

va on santa monica blve or wilshire? me been there i would call a couple of other va sites and ask the same questions just to be sure however those peeps there treated me really good
daunte

Return to Funeral Insurance