Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Most Expensive Cars to Insure in 2014!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

What is an affordable health insurance for a 61 year old woman?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby maximillian90 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 am

my mother needs a new helath insurance plan. any suggestions?
maximillian90

Postby sean » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:52 am

my mother needs a new helath insurance plan. any suggestions?
First off, insurance companies do not write policies in every state. Also, policies that they write in one state will be different than the policies in other states. So without knowing your state nobody will know which of the 1300 different insurance companies offer policies where you live.

In my state, insurance costs for a 61 year old female, non-smoker, height and weight within guidelines for those companies, and no pre-existing conditions, range from $123.40 up to $1351.61. Smokers will pay more; so will people that weigh more or less than the guidelines. People who are obese or have certain health conditions may not even qualify for any plan at any cost.

I don't know what you consider affordable. In some states you cannot find a policy for anyone for less than $450 per month. If she lives in one of those states and $450 is not affordable for her she is out of luck.
sean

Return to Health & Medical Insurance