Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

34 weeks pregnant blood pressure help???! high or normal?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby hobard » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm 34 weeks pregnant today yay! But I have been having pains on my legs and hips and I called the health insurance nurse line and they ask me if I checked my blood pressure I told them I always do but I didn't took it like three days ago. Anyway I took my blood pressure at 11:14pm and I t was 138/ 87 and then I took it 5 minutes later and it was 142/90 and suddenly I called again to my insurance and they told me unless it was over 140/90 then I should worry but that what I had was normal but my normal blood pressure had be 108/70 aprox. The highest 115 0r 118. But seeing that change got me worried. So they told me to wait 1 to 2 hours and take it again so. I did check back 12:40am. And it was 143/80 so what should I do? Is it valid? I also ate at 7pm. Should the food had gone away and be digested? I don't can somebody tell me if is normal or not? Should I head to the hospital?
hobard

Postby eduardo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 pm

It is a little high, but it could very well be due to the fact that you are apparently freaking out. Try taking a bath & relaxing a bit & taking it again. If it is still high or you notice swelling in your hands or face you should see your doctor immediately. You don't need to go to the ER, but you definitely need to get to your doctor in the next 24 hours.
eduardo

Postby cahir » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:42 pm

I would, you don't want to mess around with high blood pressure when you are pregnant. I've had pre-eclampsia twice.
cahir

Return to Health & Medical Insurance