Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Was The Cop Being Nice Or Not? (speeding Ticket)?

Home & Contents Insurance Discussion

Postby Davidson » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:14 am

Its around 2:15 in the morning. Im trying to get home from a track meet. Cop had his headlights off and was facing the other direction. When I go past Headlights turn on and he pulls behind me turning the lights on. I pullover and I fasten my seat belt and take my headphones from around my neck and put them on the seat beside me.
Eventually he comes up and helps me find my insurance and everything. His radar gun says I was going 70mph in a 50mph. Im 18 first ticket or offense. He charges me with 59mph in a 50mph zone. Im as nice as I can be for 2 in the morning. He says I can take it to court but he would have to report the 70mph not the 59mph charged. The fine was 95.75$. So was the cop being nice or is it pretty standard to bring a ticket down for first offense? He said I wont get points on my license or insurance, is that true? Did I do everything right? I shouldnt even think about going to court should I? how much is a court fee? I live in Delaware, and Im a white male.
Davidson

Postby berakhiah » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:10 am

Do you know how fast you were going? I think he gave the lowest of fence and fine that he could.
berakhiah

Postby chinua » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:41 am

prolly was because its 2 in the freakin morning

he was being nice since it was first offence

you seem like a nice kid
chinua

Postby Rickard » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 pm

When I was much younger a cop clocked me at 90 in a 55 mph zone. I pulled over before he even was behind me, I was scared but polite. He asked if I wanted to go to court, which I replied "no sir". He then wrote up my ticket for 69 mph in a 55 mph. So yes, sometimes a policemen will give you a break, I was lucky, I got several speed warning but no tickets in the next few years.
Rickard

Return to Home Insurance