Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Man Busted Selling Fake Insurance Policies!

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I was sent a car insurance check made out to me and my body shop and now the body shop is quoting a much lower?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

I was sent a car insurance check made out to me and my body shop and now the body shop is quoting a much lower?

Postby barnabe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:08 pm

I originally got a quote for 1500.00 to fix my body damage on my car from my body shop. My insurance co. sent me a check for 1500.00 in my name and my body shops name, now my body shop is saying it will cost 900.00, can I cash the check and pay the body shop or do I give it to the body shop? Can I keep the difference or call my car insurance?
barnabe

Postby eames » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Typically you keep the change!
eames

Postby donnachadh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 pm

You should call your insurance company and tell them. Keeping the extra money could be a crime. You dont want to have a criminal offense on your record for something so easy to avoid.
donnachadh

Postby beldene » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 pm

The body shop will give you the difference.
beldene

Postby bruce » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:39 pm

The body shop will give you the difference.
You cannot cash the check without the body shops signature. You have 2 choices. Tell the body shop what happened and see if they will cooperate with you or notify your insurance company. Which choice do you suppose is the proper one?
bruce

Return to Car Insurance