Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I Was Involved In A Car Accident In Which The Lady That Hit Me Accepted She Was At Fault And We Agreed On Not?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

I Was Involved In A Car Accident In Which The Lady That Hit Me Accepted She Was At Fault And We Agreed On Not?

Postby Stanton » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:07 pm

We agreed on not calling the cops but also agreed on calling our insurances. I filed the claim with both her insurance and mine but apparently she hasn't yet called her insurance, they are trying to get a hold of her to get her side of the story and we are waiting on that. The adjuster from her insurance called us and told us he had sent an assignment to their preferred body shop so that they could give us an estimate and that as soon as their insured gave her side of the story and liability was identified they would send us a check based off of the estimate. The accident just happened, how long should I wait for them to give us an answer, what should I expect from them? it's our only vehicle and now we can't drive it around. What is our insurance supposed to be doing? are they supposed to be representing us in any way?
Stanton

Postby Delainey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 am

you are under no obligation to use a preferred shop you can use which ever shop makes you happy.I suggest you get your own estimates if you can, this is more difficult if it does not run. If you have full coverage then your insurance company should be helping you yes, have you contacted them yet?
Delainey

Postby Cace » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:26 pm

All damages over 500 dollars should be reported to police. I will also tell you take it to the shop you want to. there shop will use after market parts and cut hours to be cheaper. it wasn't your fault they have to fix it where you want it fixed. if the car is undriveable they should supply you with a rented vehicle.
Cace

Postby Lonato » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:34 am

You are making this all to complicated.
First, it doesn't matter that the lady admitted liability.
That is not her determination.
Only the involved insurance companies can determine liability.
Since you have both notified your insurance companies, they will soon let you know who they found liable and advise you about what you need to do.
Lonato

Return to Car Insurance