Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Am I A Victim Of Harrassment At Work? Am I Eligible For A Claim? If They Fire Me Do I Qualify For Unemployment?

Unemployment Insurance and Employment Discussion

Am I A Victim Of Harrassment At Work? Am I Eligible For A Claim? If They Fire Me Do I Qualify For Unemployment?

Postby Justis » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:16 pm

I have been working at my current position for only 3 wks as an underwriter for a big Hispanic insurance company.(I am Hispanic) And they keep pressuring me to meet their quotas and perfect my work. They told me to take my time re viewing the policies and not worry about the quantity of policies, but the quality.

They constantly compare me to another girl who came in at the same time as I did who is producing more then I. Although, she sat right next to an experienced coworker and the manager, who were able to overlook her work and guide her the whole time. And she mentioned that her and the manager were friends before she started working

Whereas I sat between two fairly new girls and if I had questions I had to wait for someone to stop what they were doing and come over to help me out. Which was very uncomfortable.
My 2nd week they pulled me out to ask me not to come the next day so I could go over my notes and learn the procedures correctly without any mistakes. And when I came back the following day, Ild have to pass a review. And that if I didn't pass they would have to think about my position in their department.

They constantly pulled me away from my work to reprimand me for my mistakes. Its very distracting. When I do ask the supervised a question she makes faces at me, like, "are you stupid or something" kind of look. When I returned I passed my exam and my work improved.

Now this week they pulled me out again and told me That I am not producing as many policies as the other girl. They asked me to sign a paper stating that within a week old have to finish 8 times the amount I am producing now CORRECTLY or they would have to meet with the HR delartment regarding my "employment". I hesitated to sign it and let them know I didnt feel I would be able to produce that much. But They told me pretty much it was a requirement And that I had a week to work my way up to that certain amount of quota per day. I felt I had to sign, so I did.
Justis

Postby orrick6 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:48 am

That is not harassment that is managing, they have been more than fair with you, some people are sometimes cut capable of certain jobs,, your choices are do as they ask or find another job
orrick6

Postby Oskar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm

They aren't harassing you in any way.
In fact, they are being rather generous with you, by telling you how you're failing to make the quota.
Most places would not give you another chance, they'd just fire you.

If you really think that this other girl has an advantage, then ask to change desks with her.
And if you have questions, get up and go over to your supervisor and ask for help.
But telling you that your work is not up to their standards is not harassment in any form.
Oskar

Return to Unemployment Insurance