Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Under the Affordable Care Act, will doctors still have the right to refuse certain health insurance plans?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Under the Affordable Care Act, will doctors still have the right to refuse certain health insurance plans?

Postby rainier » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 pm

My doctor will not accept certain health insurance plans now and I wonder if they will still be allowed to do that under the ACA, known to many as Obama-care. I do not receive health insurance because I work 2 part time jobs and have discovered the plans that I can afford are not accepted by my doctor, and I remember Obama told us we could keep our doctor. I went twice in 2012 and just paid out of pocket $300 plus $75 for medicine. I am considering purchasing the cheapest thing I can find for a catastrophe and still going to my doctor and paying out of pocket like I did last year, but the insurance will be over $2000 out of an already tight budget with the price of gas and food going up every day.
rainier

Postby valerio97 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 pm

You should read the Obama website and see if every doctor will accept every plan. I didnt look through the whole website. Here is one link to it.
valerio97

Postby birke26 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 pm

I dont know what your doctor has to comply with after January, 2014, that he doesnt do now. The answer must be out there somewhere. Since we dont know what kind of plans will be offered, I think we will have to wait until the state insurance exchanges are available to know the answer.
birke26

Return to Health & Medical Insurance