Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance To Canada?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby Amerawdwr » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi everyone. I'm planning to visit Vancouver, BC in August and I'm really concerned about travel insurance (health is the priority). I'm gonna stay there for 5 nights, and I will be entering from the USA (i live in the USA). Does anybody have any suggestions about which company to use to buy the insurance? I would prefer US-based companies. I found one with good rates, but their website looks really unprofessional, so i'm afraid that they are just scammers. If you had experience with any of these companies - i will be happy to read about it.

Thanks.
Amerawdwr

Postby Jefferson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Further to what Karen L suggested, you could consider purchasing travel insurance through your credit card company. Last time I checked, VISA credit card had travel insurance card holders could purchase.
Jefferson

Postby Halden » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:48 pm

What you need is a Visitors to Canada policy that will cover you on your way to Canada and once you are in Vancouver. Some big well known companies such as Manulife or Blue Cross offer that type of insurance.

It is better to shop around to find the optimal price and coverage. Manulife might be better in some situations, while other companies might suit you better in different circumstances. There are definitely companies that offer more affordable policies.

You can use the insurance calculator to find the best quotes for your situation:
Halden

Postby Huabwy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:38 am

Canadians probably don't know much about travel insurance to purchase in the US, since we buy ours in Canada if we're travelling out of the country.
I usually buy mine through an automobile club, and you might try that. You don't have to be a member to buy travel insurance there, at least you don't here. Or go with one of the really big names like Blue Cross. It's very inexpensive no matter where you buy it, especially compared with other travel costs. Mine would cost less than $20 for 5 days.
Huabwy

Postby Cenewig » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 am

Do you currently have health insurance in the USA? If so, check with the company that insures you about obtaining short term out of country health/travel insurance.
Since you're already a customer you might get a better rate.
Cenewig

Return to Travel Insurance