Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance And Claiming Whilst On Holiday?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby Dubh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:46 am

I am 5.5 weeks pregnant and heading to Florida tomorrow for 2 weeks.

I have a history of miscarriage at around 7 weeks so I am naturally worried that I am going to miscarry again.

Does anyone have any experience of using medical services abroad?

I assume I can claim on my travel insurance if i need to? I called them and they said that i didnt need to advise them that I am pregnant so I have that covered.

What do I do if I do start bleeding? Obviously if it was in this county I would call my doctor who would send me to an early pregnancy assessment clinic.. But what do I do abroad?
Dubh

Postby Lex » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm

You don't have to advise them that you are pregnant, but that does not mean the pregnancy or complications therefrom are covered.

Travel policies have no medical questions.
But, when you make a claim, they ask questions.
Lex

Postby Twiford » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Before you go, check that your Insurance actually covers you for miscarriage. Specifically, have you disclosed that you have a previous history of miscarriage ( under pre-existing conditions)? Unless this has been declared to your Insurance Company and recorded on the policy, they will REFUSE to pay any claim. You are required to disclose ALL previous conditions and history, otherwise you might just as well travel without any insurance at all. (Not recommended at all for travel to the USA where treatment is horrendously expensive without full medical insurance)
Twiford

Postby Yaron » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:33 pm

if you have complications, pay us money and then insurance will reimburse you in your country's money. guess you should take your policy with you and your insurer's information. so you can get reduction in cost if something happens. and refer to your medical professional about you travelling while you are pregnant.
Yaron

Postby long » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 am

"I called them and they said that i didnt need to advise them that I am pregnant so I have that covered."

Its too late now but did you specifically ask them if you were covered for miscarriages AND advise them that you have a history of miscarriages? (and you should ALWAYS get any confirmation of coverage in writing)

Cos if you didnt then I am afraid there is a very good chance you aint got that covered

(IF you just asked them if you were covered for pregnancy (and maybe miscarriage) ,without advising them you had a history, is like asking if you are covered for say heart attacks without telling them you have a history of minor heart attacks

They would almost certainly say you were covered (cos they would assume you carried the same risk of attack as anybody else), but if they then find out you had a history and didnt tell them then they wont pay out.(cos you had a much greater risk of attack than the average person))

And as previous answer

Just asking if you are covered for pregnancy does NOT automatically mean you are covered for any complications that might arise during pregnancy.
long

Return to Travel Insurance