Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Travel Agent messed up my Travel Dates?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby alwynn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm in Australia at the minute and have just realised that my departure date on my flight back to Dublin is a week later than I wanted (i need to be back for work). I booked the flight back in May or such with a Travel Agent in Dublin and everything seemed fine, we even discussed the dates and so on but stupidly I didn't go through the ticket properly once I recieved it.

I only noticed a few days ago and when I rang back the Travel Agent they say that there was no record of me asking for those dates. Which iis crap as there was a big discussion about this with the agent. When I asked to speak with the agent I was told that she has left the company. Typical. The travel insurance I have say they don't cover date changes (thats fair enough) and now the travel agent and the airline are quoting me 650Euro for changing the flight (and upgrading the seat status due to seat unavailibility) in such short notice.

My question is is this all my fault for not checking the ticket properly or is there something I can do with the agent regarding recouping my costs. Surely they are at fault for booking the wrong dates or have I nullified this by not coming back to them in time before I travelled. Any help would be appreciated.
alwynn

Postby mavrick » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm in Australia at the minute and have just realised that my departure date on my flight back to Dublin is a week later than I wanted (i need to be back for work). I booked the flight back in May or such with a Travel Agent in Dublin and everything seemed fine, we even discussed the dates and so on but stupidly I didn't go through the ticket properly once I recieved it.

I only noticed a few days ago and when I rang back the Travel Agent they say that there was no record of me asking for those dates. Which iis crap as there was a big discussion about this with the agent. When I asked to speak with the agent I was told that she has left the company. Typical. The travel insurance I have say they don't cover date changes (thats fair enough) and now the travel agent and the airline are quoting me 650Euro for changing the flight (and upgrading the seat status due to seat unavailibility) in such short notice.

My question is is this all my fault for not checking the ticket properly or is there something I can do with the agent regarding recouping my costs. Surely they are at fault for booking the wrong dates or have I nullified this by not coming back to them in time before I travelled. Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately since you didn't check the tickets straight away you would be liable. They have done the wrong thing and you can send a complaint but it won't fix anything.

The fact the agent no longer works there loses you any arguement for compensation.

I would look on the net and see if you can get a cheaper flight, chances are you can. I wouldn't want to be giving the travel agency any more of my hard earned anyway.

Good luck.
mavrick

Postby burneig » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Unfortunately since you didn't check the tickets straight away you would be liable. They have done the wrong thing and you can send a complaint but it won't fix anything.

The fact the agent no longer works there loses you any arguement for compensation.

I would look on the net and see if you can get a cheaper flight, chances are you can. I wouldn't want to be giving the travel agency any more of my hard earned anyway.

Good luck.
Your fault I'm afraid. You should have checked your tickets (and all other travel documents) as soon as you got them. I can't see how you can hold the travel agent in any way responsible, even if they did get the dates wrong (according to you). You should have checked and told them straight away.
burneig

Postby rioghbhardan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

mainly your fault for not checking the ticket properly
read every word every time on all paperwork
rioghbhardan

Postby erle61 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:23 pm

well, it might be your fault for not checking the tickets. but since you had a discussion then i say sue that man with all your guts
erle61

Postby leon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 pm

U should have read the documentation when u got it !
Ur own fault,no-one else's !
leon

Return to Travel Insurance