Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Is This The Letter The Gop Wants Every Employee To Write, Would You Write It To Your Boss?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Is This The Letter The Gop Wants Every Employee To Write, Would You Write It To Your Boss?

Postby Aliceson » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:35 am

Dear Boss

By Annie B.

With all the discussion about how bad unions are for workers and the passage of the 'right-to-work' law in Michigan, I think it is only fair to make significant changes to our work agreement. I no longer want any part of those unions and all the trouble they have caused for workers like me.

I would like my weekly salary to be reduced by at least 5%. This may not sound like much, but my work week will now consist of 12 hour days, 6 days a week, so you will actually be making a considerable savings. I will of course work as much overtime as needed without any additional compensation. Further, you may dock my salary at any time for any reason and for any amount. You can also fire me for any reason, or no reason at all.

(snip)

I will no longer be taking sick days. First, of course, if I don't work I don't get paid and I need to work as much as possible for the low wages I'll be getting. Second, it's not like I could go to see a doctor, since I will no longer be getting any health insurance from the company and I certainly can't afford to buy it on my own. If any of my family members get sick, they are on their own. I certainly won't be taking time off to care for them.

(snip)

If there are any hazards in the workplace, well I had better watch out for myself I guess. If there is dangerous machinery I wouldn't expect you to put up railings, guards, mesh screens, or any other protective devices. I certainly don't expect you to be worried if I am exposed to dangerous chemicals or gasses. I don't expect you to provide protective clothing or respirators or even to try to reduce my possible exposure to these elements. If I am seriously injured or killed on the job, you can always hire someone to replace me. Hopefully that person will be more careful.

The rest: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/12...
Aliceson

Postby Bardawulf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:23 am

I'm that kind of person who can't work for a boss

so I don't have that problem
Bardawulf

Postby Stanton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:04 am

That's what the business owners want, and that's who the republicans work for.
Stanton

Postby Francois » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:44 am

Yes.
Francois

Postby Baigh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 am

hahaha, the dailykos, what a joke..
Baigh

Postby Brand » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm

this is well written, it couldn't be expected out of GOP followers.
Brand

Postby Farquar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Dailykos......LOL!
Farquar

Postby Moketavato » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:41 am

this was well written. i imagined that a lady in her fifties was writing this
Moketavato

Postby Sandon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Unions add nothing, and subtract a lot.
They are a big reason for oursourcing overseas.
Sandon

Postby Ame » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:34 pm

And interestingly enough this will actually work out well, because the cost of living in my sate will now get lower
Ame

Return to Health & Medical Insurance