Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Is there any chance for getting chance in aeronautical engineering?

Disability Insurance News & Discussion

Postby des » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 pm

i've finished my 12th standard this year.now i want to study aeronautical engineering. but my friends and relatives told that aeronautical field has only very limited jobs.so i'm confused.what can i do?
des

Postby caspar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:56 pm

i've finished my 12th standard this year.now i want to study aeronautical engineering. but my friends and relatives told that aeronautical field has only very limited jobs.so i'm confused.what can i do?
Aerospace engineers, sometimes called aeronautical engineers, design things that fly, including airliners, combat jets, helicopters, missiles and satellites. They spend much of their time in offices using software to model vehicles and test them. However, they also earn their salaries by visiting production floors and airfields so they can oversee manufacturing and testing.

Basics
Aeronautical engineers made average annual salaries of $103,870, or $49.94 an hour, as of May 2011, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the 10th percentile earned less than $65,310 yearly, or $31.40 hourly, while the 90th percentile made more than $147,810, or $71.06 an hour. The BLS predicts that employment for the profession will increase at 5 percent from 2010 to 2020, which is slower than the 11 percent expected for all engineers and less than the 14 percent projected for all jobs in all industries. Restricting hiring is the requirement for security clearances needed by these professionals to work on defense projects.
Employers
The biggest employers of aeronautical engineers in 2011 were manufacturers of aerospace products and parts, with 28,340 out of the total 79,400 jobs and paying an average $96,740 per year. The best salaries for the profession were in management, scientific and technical consulting services at a mean annual $115,780. Employers require these professionals to have a minimum bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering. Those specializing in projects related to national defense also require security clearances, which may mandate U.S. citizenship for certain levels. In addition, experienced engineers typically need a professional engineering license, which mandates the educational background, relevant work experience and passing scores on two engineering exams.
Locations
In 2011, California reported the most jobs for aerospace engineers, containing 19,990 positions with average pay at $111,370 per year. The state with the highest salary was Virginia, with an average $123,980 per year. The metropolitan area with the highest levels of employment for the profession was Los Angeles, Long Beach and Glendale, California, with 9,320 jobs earning an average $115,330 yearly. The urban region with the best pay was Bethesda, Rockville and Frederick, Maryland, averaging $148,410 per year.
Benefits
Aerospace engineers receive benefits that are typical of most educated professionals. The Boeing Company, which designs and manufacturers aircraft and jetliners, provides a typical example. It offers options for medical and dental coverage; basic life insurance with options for more, long- and short-term disability insurance; and a flexible spending account to cover eligible healthcare expenses. Engineers receive paid vacations based on experience and 12 standard holidays, including a winter break between December 24 and January 1. They also earn retirement benefits composed of employer and employee contributions.
caspar

Return to Disability Insurance