Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

My Stepdad Is Causing My Anxiety?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby De » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 am

I have a lot of things that play apart in my anxiety problems, bullies, schoolwork, but most of all, my step dad. He yells at me all the time for almost no reason what-so-ever. I don't want to live with him, but I have to because I can't move in with my dad and grandmother due to financial issues. My mother doesn't have enough money to pay for therapy, nor get health insurance that may help pay for therapy. I have no other family members that would be an option to live with other than my dad and grandmother. I've told my mother how I feel about my step father, and that he is the source of my anxiety and she only gets angry with me. What should I do?
De

Postby Iver » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 am

-try to ignore him, if that doesn't work

-try to get him and your mom in a devorce if that is too needy then

-talk to him personally, if he just makes it worse

ask your friends for help or someone you really trust, other than that, i know exactly how you feel, i have it to the point where he hits me and threatens me and calls me names.

he is probably just an angry person all together.
Iver

Postby Armanno » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Talk to someone you can trust like your grandma or your dad and see what solutions they might offer
Armanno

Postby Royden » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 am

Talk to an adult you feel comfortable with, like a teacher or counselor. They can probably help with your anxiety and mediate between you and stepdad. If they can't help directly, they should be able to find someone who can help you for free or for very little money.

There are programs to help kids from poor backgrounds get out of bad situations and get therapy and medical help. The best person to talk to your school counselor, if not a really cool teacher.

Hang in there and know you're not alone. I have anxiety issues also and a bad childhood. All the things you mentioned can be dealt with and overcome.
Royden

Return to Health & Medical Insurance