Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

My Son Is 24 We Had To Take Him Off Our Health Insurance Last Year. When Do The New Rules For Univ. Health Care Start?

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

My Son Is 24 We Had To Take Him Off Our Health Insurance Last Year. When Do The New Rules For Univ. Health Care Start?

Postby Waldon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm

I heard he will be able to stay on my strategy till he is 27 . when do the Wellness Insurance Co.'s have to start off following the new guidelines
Waldon

Postby Abboid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:41 am

curious7777777 said: 1 I don't think they start soon enough. If your son just graduated from college, and before he gets a job with health insurance, check with the alumni association of his university. They often have "catastophe" coverage--i.e., hospitalization coverage where you self insure the doctor visits and meds. For most 20-somethings, this is sufficient...unless your son already has a chronic disease. 44 months ago
Abboid

Postby Everleigh » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Poppet! said: 2 You might be able to get your son insured through Cobra, from the employer you have your health insurance through. It might be a bit pricey. 44 months ago
Everleigh

Postby Leveret » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm

I don't know when the new measure will go into effect, but I'm pretty sure it would cover people UNTIL they turn 26, not until they turn 27.
Leveret

Postby Burg » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm

anniemdaffodils said: 4 I don't know when the new measure will go into effect, but I'm pretty sure it would cover people UNTIL they turn 26, not until they turn 27. 44 months ago
Burg

Postby Zeru » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Some Insurance Companies are already allowing kids up to 26 to be on the parent?s plan, but technically, it isn?t mandatory until 2014. 
Zeru

Postby Beck » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 pm

You might be able to get your son insured through Cobra, from the employer you have your health insurance through. It might be a bit pricey.
Beck

Postby shicheii » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:44 am

I don't think they start soon enough. If your son just graduated from college, and before he gets a job with health insurance, check with the alumni association of his university. They often have "catastophe" coverage--i.e., hospitalization coverage where you self insure the doctor visits and meds. For most 20-somethings, this is sufficient...unless your son already has a chronic disease.
shicheii

Postby archy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:15 am

Cobra is pricey...but, it is chump change compared with the full cost of individual health insurance.
archy

Postby Martell » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:06 am

Some Insurance Companies Already Do! Some Insurance Companies are already allowing kids up to 26 to be on the parent?s plan, but technically, it isn?t mandatory until 2014.  DanZee 44 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Martell

Next

Return to Funeral Insurance