Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Should You Rinse With Peroxide Or Salt Water To Treat A Cavity?

Home & Contents Insurance Discussion

Postby emest68 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 pm

I have a bad cavity that I haven't been able to get treated for a long time because I'm uninsured. And even though I finally found a job, it's still going to be a while before I can save up the money for insurance.

Anyway, to try and keep the tooth from getting any worse I've started rinsing my mouth with diluted peroxide after meals. But a lot of home remedies I read say to gargle with salt water instead. Does one treat cavities better than the other?
emest68

Postby gwylim81 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:22 pm

I have a bad cavity that I haven't been able to get treated for a long time because I'm uninsured. And even though I finally found a job, it's still going to be a while before I can save up the money for insurance.

Anyway, to try and keep the tooth from getting any worse I've started rinsing my mouth with diluted peroxide after meals. But a lot of home remedies I read say to gargle with salt water instead. Does one treat cavities better than the other?
gwylim81

Postby Corliss » Mon May 29, 2017 1:46 am

Depends what kind of peroxide you're using. Hydrogen peroxide is mostly used to whiten your teeth and really messes up your gums-you shouldn't be using it. Saltwater is just salt and water don't see how that would help. To be honest you should pick up some sensodyne toothpaste for like $8 and some MI paste, which is not a toothpaste and you just rub it on your teeth before bed and it gradually builds up your enamel, it is the best and most trusted product.
Corliss

Return to Home Insurance