Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Roamright Travel Insurance

Scared Of Becoming Sick Whilst In Ghana?

Going on a holiday? Get the right Travel Insurance!

Postby Tancred » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 am

I will be traveling to Ghana next month and I'll be there for ten days. I'm going with a group of students and two teachers from my college to do voluteer work in a rural town called 'Woe', I will also be visiting Cape Coast for two days. I have had my yellow fever, typhoid and Hepatitis A vaccinations and I've got my malarone ready to take before I go. I'm just really scared that I'll catch something while out there after researching all of the diseases in Ghana. What would recommend to minimize the risk of becoming sick? Is it easy to become sick? Help I'm starting to get paranoid haha !
Tancred

Postby Gowyn » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Grace of the sweet face, they do not call the village Woe for nothing.
You probably have all the shots you can get except maybe more for other Hep, as well as tetanus, and the childhood diseases.

Beware of the anti-malaria drugs because of side effects and note that these are not immunizations nor preventative, just some degree of treatment if you are infected; DEET on your skin is a preventative.
Lariam ruined my trip with powerful side effects.

Good to go with a group but you are going to be dipped into one of the most infectious places on Earth, Africa.
Be sure you have travel removal insurance for that flight back to your hospital at home if needed.

Take alcohol hand cleaner, strongest Listerine, and anti- diarrhea over the counter meds.
If I were doing your trip, I would plan on being sick at least to my stomach or more.
Gowyn

Postby Pyn » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:23 pm

WASH YOUR HANDS WITH HOT WATER.

BUY SOME ANTI-BACTERIAL WASH AND USE IT OFTEN

Beware of fresh fruit and vegetables and drink only bottled water.
Pyn

Postby zigor » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 am

Why might you in all hazard want to fall ill?? to maintain from getting ill..you ought to consume healthful, dont smoke or do drugs/alcohol, exercising, cut back sugar/fatty meals intake and so on. Take supplementations and dont draw close with ill human beings...why do you ask?
zigor

Postby Amias » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:53 pm

don't eat out on the street, stick to tourist restaurants
Amias

Return to Travel Insurance