Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

I Am Scared About College?

Insurance & Special Deals for Seniors

Postby Link » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 am

I am a senior in high school but terrified about the rest of my life. I don't do very well in high school do just enough to get by, and I want to go to college but am afraid i won't be able to make it, and don't want to start waist all that money and not graduate or get a degree and still won't be able to get a job. Is college way different than high school and how. If i don't go to college i am going to start being a financial advisor doing life insurance and investments. I have no clue what I should do. Any ideas thanks
Link

Postby Gusg » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:18 am

Go to community college. If you have 30 units at community college then the universities you'd transfer to don't even look at your high school grades.

You'll also save a ton of money, can take any number of classes you want, and have time to figure out what you want to major in and where you want to transfer.

College is scary when you don't know much about it so you should also consider setting up a campus tour of a school that's close to you. That way you can talk to the students there and maybe they can help settle your doubt.
Gusg

Postby barnet46 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:17 am

Being that you do enough to just get by in high school you are in for a rude awakening in college, that's if you can get in. Only 56% of students who enter college graduate within six years. Kids who don't apply themselves in high school and obtain a strong foundation usually end up dropping out or getting dismissed from college. You may want to consider going to a CC first. I'm not saying its too late for you, I'm just saying you need to start applying yourself now, change your mindset, and if you find yourself falling behind you need to ask for help.
barnet46

Return to Seniors Insurance