Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

REALLY LONG: My husband's mother thinks he should pay for all her bills...How do we deal with this?

Anything related to Car Insurance, Car Insurance Quotes, Insurance Claims

REALLY LONG: My husband's mother thinks he should pay for all her bills...How do we deal with this?

Postby saeger » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 am

My husband is 23 years old. We have been married for 2 years. He has been in the military for almost five years now.
Before my husband and I got married, he had his car insurance in the same policy as his mom's. He asked her to remove it though because he was stationed in Japan for 2 years and wasn't gonna use his car- therefore not needing the insurance. His mother kept it though because her younger son used my husband's car for those 2 years. That means, his mother paid for the insurance for those 2 years.
After we got married, my husband asked me to live with his mom because his brother was graduating and leaving. So I did. When I asked her how much money she needed for bills every month, she told me not to give her anything, so I didn't. But when my husband was on leave from Japan, she complained to him that she couldn't pay because she didn't have enough money. My husband told her he'd help her (after being upset with me because he thought I didn't offer to help) and we began paying for the electicity and water bills. House related, the only bills she had to pay would be the propane gas bill, and the house phone bill- a grand total of about $100 a month while we had to pay almost 400 every month plus our own bills (abt 300/month). After a few months of US struggling to get our budget together, he told her he was dropping the water bill onto her which would leave us with the electric bill at $350/month.
A few months after we moved out, she called him and told him she had received a "Final Notice" from the electic company because the bill hadnt been paid for 3 months.
I told him it wasn't our problem because we were 500 miles away and he agreed but still gave her a month's worth to help her get current.
All this time, they had their insurance together, each paying for half.
But now that my husband wants to change his car insurance, he doesn't want to include her in the policy. When he told her, she got REALLY REALLY REALLY upset and started yelling stuff at him over the phone until I finally took it away and hung up.
Now, my husband doesn't know what to do- He knows he wants to go through with the insurance company change, but he doesnt want his mom to hate him. She called back a week later and told him he should know it's his responsibility to take care of her too (she's a hardcore mexican who thinks kids are supposed to give their parents everything once the kids are old enough to get a job) but my husband told her his only responsibility was his family (me and him) and she got mad again.
So...... how do we deal with this?
His father is still alive and makes a BOAT LOAD of money but my mother in law hates him and wont take any money from him (even though they're still married) and her other son is now in the military but she won't ask him for any help at all.... I just don't think it's fair and my husband is desperate and frustrated. He doesn't want to upset his mother, but he can't keep paying for her stuff when she makes $500 a week from her Jewelry business....
saeger

Postby dome » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 am

i wanna join the military too :)
she really doesnt need your husband's help.. she wants his attention.. she is an attention seeker.. my grandmother did that to my parents.. she almost made my parents break up.. mother-in-laws -.- (well some of them anyways).. talk to your husband tell him that he has to live his life.. tell your mother-in-law that she cant keep doing that to you guys because it's called harrasment.. change your phone number
Good Luck
God bless you and your husband

answer mine plzz
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiJMjGSCd9bAM5KRfIkspzsG53NG;_ylv=3?qid=20120329114652AAqqN0U
dome

Postby tiladene79 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:54 am

just dont give her money, especially if she has her own
tiladene79

Postby cornelius » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:04 am

Short answer :NO alotta people have this problem , due to bittereness and men want us to feel sorry for them all the time.... take her bills and mail them all to your dad.
cornelius

Return to Car Insurance