Not logged in? Join one of the largest Insurance Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Detroit Most Expensive Auto Insurance

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Question about Social Security disability after a heart attack?

Health Insurance topics including Obamacare & Health Insurance quotes

Postby derby53 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

Does anybody know how hard it is to get disability after a heart attack? I had one a few years ago.
I had two stints and one ballon catheter put in. My first two stress tests were good. I had to have an emergency stress test done in September which included a nuclear stress test. I had this done under charity care by different cardiologists. I had to have it done in order to get clearance to have surgery on a broken arm. Nobody ever told how well I did, but I was cleared for surgery.

I have been living off inheritance money the last few years and my living expenses are minimal, but the money is beginning to run out. Prior to my heart attack I always worked in physical production jobs in a hot environment. I went to several temp agencies trying to find a production job, I finally found one that sent me to a factory that was 105 degrees in the working area.It was about 95 degrees outside.I only lasted 4 hours because i had three spells of lightheadiness.

I started getting these spells after my heart attack. Between Sept 2010 and Sept 2011 I got these spells and blacked out three times during that one year period. Riding my bicycle seemed to trigger these spells. One was on a day when the temperature was around 50-55 degrees, One a 92 degree day and the last one was at the emergency room when i broke my arm riding my bicycle. The ER doctor said one of my blood pressure numbers was very low. I take Coreg (carvidilol), Lisinopril,and pravastatin, as well as aspirin.

I have tried to get air conditioned jobs in retail at places like WalMart and Lowes, but due to the economy, I never hear back.

I am down to my last straw so to speak. I dont know where to turn. I discussed the first 2 blackout spells with my cardiologist and they ran tests and never found any problems. During one blackout spell I fell back and hit my head on pavement.It left a puddle of blood. My friend tried to wake me, then he tried to get help from neighbors. He said I was out about 10 minutes, but I am guessing 5 minutes. He was on the verge of calling an ambulance. I was only out breifly at the ER. Another time Im guessing I was out about 45 seconds. I didnt hit my head that time, but i was semi concious. I was partially aware of my surroundings, but it was like a dream state. It sounded like a motor reving in my head.

I dont have health insurance now, and i dont like relying on charity care. I only did so earlier because it was an emergency when i broke my arm and I couldnt "shake it off."
derby53

Postby franky64 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 am

Call 1800 772 1213 ask for an application could take upto a year but you will qualify. Best of luck with your health problems.
franky64

Postby jaye41 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 am

Get a job.
jaye41

Postby gilroy3 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:12 am

Medical discount plans  ideal for those who cannot afford or qualify for traditional health insurance. The companies offer discounted health services for a quite low monthly fee. Benefits include a range of discounts for doctors, hospitals, dental, vision, prescriptions, vitamins, as well as other health services.
It is a common situation that you met like many other persons,be patient,check the resource from here  healthinsurancefree.info  i found quite useful to solve my similiar issues.
gilroy3

Return to Health & Medical Insurance