Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Question About Car Insurance?

General Insurance discussions and general chat

Postby Trista » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:24 pm

My car insurance is up for renewal and I wanted to use one of the many compare online services to compare my cost to what's out there. They all want very sensitive info, even the ones that say it will be an anonymous generalized quote. For example they want to know exact birthrate, I mean you can give your age without giving the exact birthday (but they don't want that).

Some even ask for your credit score, education level, etc. It's for car insurance not a bank loan. So my question, is there any compare auto insurance quote sites that can give general comparison pricing minus all the personally identifying details.
Trista

Postby Mistie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:34 pm

First of all forget any sites asking for your credit score. Some of these sites will ask for all but a DNA sample for something as simple as car insurance quotes.Use only the sites asking the least amount of personal info, or better still if your insurance record is clean go to a local agent and get a direct one on one quote.
Mistie

Postby Riccardo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 am

Because car insurance companies charge you based on those questions alone. Best way to safely compare is to ask others around your age and social status (friends, family, coworkers) which company they're with and how much they charge.
Riccardo

Postby Airleas » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 am

They know that people with bad credit scores are more accident prone and more likely to not pay or pay late.
Airleas

Postby Garrard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Yes
Garrard

Postby Casswallawn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:42 am

The process of generating an insurance quote relies on numerous pieces of personal information because insurance costs are highly personalized. This is why nobody here can tell someone how much they might pay for insurance. You can either provide the information they are looking for and get a dependable quote, or you can continue to play games and get an inaccurate guess. It's up to you.
Casswallawn

Return to General Insurance Questions