Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Is It Possible To Get Life Insurance For Someone Who Is Terminally Ill, Just To Cover A Small Funeral And Burial Expense

Funeral Insurance, Term Insurance and Burial Insurance

Is It Possible To Get Life Insurance For Someone Who Is Terminally Ill, Just To Cover A Small Funeral And Burial Expense

Postby Osmond » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 pm

You can get burial insurance, but in two years you will pay just as much as if you simply saved the money. So you just might want to put away a little bit of money every month instead of buying any insurance.   DanZee 37 months ago
Osmond

Postby Darcio » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:15 pm

It may be difficult in that, as DZ said, policy will probably not kick in within that time frame.   pammyj 37 months ago
Darcio

Postby Tanton » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:07 am

Hmm. A lot of these policies don't kick in for the first 6 months. You may have to take up a family collection.   DanZee 37 months ago
Tanton

Postby Cailean » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 am

'Twould be fraud to do so. Life insurance functions on algorithms that factor probability among groups. Thus, if you go to a life insurance agent, besides age and smoking status and gender, he will ask general health. If you KNOW the person is about to die and say, "I'm fine. How are you?" the whole thing will become known. These things always come out somehow(usually because they investigate). The money gets withdrawn and those involved get charged with criminal conspiracy to defraud and the poor deceased's survivors do jail time. Not that it means anything to your situation, but what I want to do is have 24 hours notice so I can walk up into the Angeles National Forest(the mountains outside my window) and sit down under a tree to wait, and let the animals have the body. I'll be elsewhere and not care.   danielpauldavis 37 months ago
Cailean

Postby Jarah » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:54 am

Remember, insurance companies are...for profit...corporations.   skep 32 months ago
Jarah

Return to Funeral Insurance