Welcome to InsuranceForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links

Affordable Pet Insurance
Travel Insurance Comparison

Is It Possible To Buy Birth Control Pills Without A Prescription?

General Insurance discussions and general chat

Postby Newman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 pm

I've been to the gynecologist several times for my birth control prescription. Nothing is ever wrong with me, the visits always go the same. Needless to say, like every other woman I HATE going, it's awkward, it hurts, it's weird in general and it's the most uncomfortable fifteen minutes of my year. I understand the importance of yearly check-ups, I get it, cervical cancer and other potential problems need to be found and sorted out quickly. Quite frankly though the pills are overpriced (especially considering the fact that I have to be violated on top of everything else) at the pharmacy and I'm a broke college student with no insurance. This is ridiculous. I just want to be sexually responsible and I was wondering if there was a way to buy birth control without a medical prescription?
Newman

Postby Abimelech » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:05 am

no you can't buy birth control pills over the counter you need a prescription for that
Abimelech

Postby Arrio » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:38 pm

I've been to the gynecologist several times for my birth control prescription. Nothing is ever wrong with me, the visits always go the same. Needless to say, like every other woman I HATE going, it's awkward, it hurts, it's weird in general and it's the most uncomfortable fifteen minutes of my year. I understand the importance of yearly check-ups, I get it, cervical cancer and other potential problems need to be found and sorted out quickly. Quite frankly though the pills are overpriced (especially considering the fact that I have to be violated on top of everything else) at the pharmacy and I'm a broke college student with no insurance. This is ridiculous. I just want to be sexually responsible and I was wondering if there was a way to buy birth control without a medical prescription?
Arrio

Postby Wolfe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:35 am

Prescription is always required.
Wolfe

Postby Riobard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:08 pm

A prescription is required. However, you might want to ask your doctor if they have samples available or see if there is a family planning clinic near you. In my area, we have a minor emergency clinic that has services on a sliding fee scale and birth control is included. Check around and see what's out there.
Riobard

Return to General Insurance Questions